Monday, December 19, 2011

Santa, I know him!


official Santa pic

Visit with Santa was a breeze. We went to the District and we were the only ones there to see Santa. Sunday hours for Santa started at noon and we got there about 12:10. The weather was wet since it had rained earlier in the morning....and it was chilly yesterday so I guess there were not that many people who wanted to shop at an outdoor shopping area which was awesome for us. Every hour from noon til 3/4 they also have an outdoor concert there which Devin saw when we were there Thanksgiving weekend. Its cute and the kids loved it to sing and dance around to.
I will only go to Santa's with a real beard etc, and I knew this Santa was the real deal. He was on the quiet side and the kids were fine with him. Devin gave him his list and Riley told him she wanted a baby and a bat girl? I have no idea if they even make Bat Girl toys....but that is what she asked for. Devin also thanked Santa for sending him an Elf to keep at the house. We then went to lunch in the same plaza and the kids were adored by all sorts of people in their holiday outfits. Love having super cute kids ;)

Today is a day that I have so much to do and want to do NOTHING. My playroom looks like a bomb hit it and there is loads of laundry to do/iron. Blah I loathe laundry. I think this is because it never ends. I need to start baking since we have play date plans Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursday but again-I do not feel like it. WTH is wrong with me? I am usually Suzy Homemaker meets June Cleaver. At least I can get Devin to do the playroom while I do the rest of the second floor. I am sure I am not the only one who feels like this from time to time, but man alive is today a non motivating day.  I really wish coffee had an effect on me. I have been drinking it too often and caffeine no longer makes me all amped up. BOO.

 I attempted to take some pictures of the kids yesterday since they were all dressed up in their Christmas clothes. What a debacle that was. They were either messing around, trying to run away, making silly faces or pushing one another. It is SO frustrating when all you want is one good picture of the both of them looking at you and smiling nicely. Just one...please!


tree last year on Christmas morning
Christmas is in 6 days! Hip hip hooray! Devin and Riley are SO excited and he wants to put presents under the tree. We have received gifts from some family members in the mail and I put them away, but Devin wants them out and under the tree now. I thought about it for a split second, but Riley cannot seem to leave them alone. Not to mention the tree is 100% dried out and if they touch it it may shed all it's needles that instant. I also have this weird thing that I have to lay out all the gifts super pretty and organized on Christmas eve. With the different colored paper interspersed and sizes and shapes of gifts laid out nicely...I like it to look like a catalog picture. Call me crazy or ocd, but it does look awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment