Thursday, February 6, 2014

Winters can be fun...i guess :)

As winter continues all I dream about is green grass, spring breeze and colorful flowers. I really do like seasons and I do love snow, ice skating, snow man building....but having it just cold without fun snow (or worse-raining) and the lakes slowly defrosting really makes winter sucky. If it is going to be frigid out it mind as well snow! Kids did get to play outside the other day when the weather warmed up to 45-50 two days in a row. We loved it. Went for a bike ride, played on scooters and of course stomped in the slushy melting snow. How awesome was it to be able just to wear my shell instead of both layers of my ski coat...no mittens, no scarf and no
hat. And now, 28* cloudy and chance of snow Saturday or Sunday....Kids cannot wait to sled. They never have been sledding and Devin has been talking about it for weeks. Last two snow storms have been a total bust in Shamong so hopefully we get some this weekend that will allow him to try it out.

 Devin is beyond excited to go to his first dance. I got him a new tie per his request and he told me that he will try to not step on my feet :) I just love him. His classmate asked him to dance with her so I will upload a picture of them if I get her Mommy's approval. She was in his kindergarten class as well and was sweet on him then as well. She's a good kid and I think it is harmless and cute. Devin is going to be serious trouble in years to come I can just feel it.

Riley has started to request things for her birthday. She wants sneaker roller skates meaning regular ones not the kind you strap your shoe in. That is her number one request and finally today she asked for something else. Golf clubs. Yup she said that she no longer wants her other ones "because they are short and for babies and we need to give them to Brock." I am not sure Deidre would still love me if I gave her son a 3 piece real metal golf club set...My only question is do I do lefty or righty. She plays lacrosse lefty and holds an ice hockey stick lefty. She has only ever used the righty clubs simply because that is what we had but I am thinking if she had leftys she would be more comfortable with them. The only other thing she asked for is a skate board which she is not getting because neither her nor Devin use the one skate board we already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment