Saturday, May 28, 2011

Hello beach, I cannot wait to have the sand between my toes....

Welp, we have arrived in California and I am awake at 6:30. Kids and Frank are asleep...but I am awake. UGH. I slept like crap last night, but then again I have slept crappy for 2 weeks now. Since the surgery I have been ordered to sleep elevated at a 45* angle. That sucks. My back, neck and well whole body really are stiff and sore when I get out of bed. I was taking vicodin before bed, and stopped that a few days ago. I may have to take it again since I think I got an hour or two of solid sleep without waking up last night.

We are staying at Marriott's Newport Coast Villas in Newport Beach Cali for a week. The resort is a Marriott timeshare that we traded our Marriott timeshare for. Resort is beautiful from what I have seen driving around and I cannot wait to explore today. We have a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit with a living room, dining area and fully stocked kitchen as well. Since we do not have a beach house in CA, this is the next best thing. Staying in hotels with young children is THE worst, but staying in villas with separate sleeping spaces is awesome. Kids go to sleep in the bedroom, and we can hang out in the living room. Frank's mom and dad are flying in today for the week, and I cannot even begin to tell you how excited Devin is to see Pop Pop and Mom Mom. He as been talking about seeing them for days now and was so very upset yesterday when I told him that they were flying in tomorrow, not today. He wanted them to be at the resort when we arrived. We took off from Vegas at 1 pm and arrived here at 5 pm with two potty stops for the kids along the way. Four hours on Memorial day Friday at the beach outside of LA was a amazing. We only hit stop and go traffic for about 3 or so miles right before the turnoff to head south to the beach cities. Kids did great in the car and watched two movies and each took a nap.

Plans today are simple. Hang out. Since we arrived at 5 last night, dropped all the luggage in the villa, went to dinner and was back by 7 it was time to wind down. Devin and Frank went to see the koi while I bathed Riley and put all the clothes away. The pools are heated so today will be a pool day with the kids until Mom and Dad arrive around lunch time. Frank is going to be super daddy with the pool since I cannot go in it, here is to hoping the temp is at least 80* for him. :) We do have ocean views from our villa. Our location is along the PCH but across the street from the beach. The beach where the kids can play is just down the way, but I am thinking we will not be in the water too much. The water will be freezing and the air temp averages 69-73 all week so I think it will be sand castles and such instead of wave playing.

Devin's birthday (which is next week) and we are going to get him a Tag hand held game system. I wanted to get him it early so he would have it for the long car ride, but Frank wanted to wait. Boo, but that is fine. He will be super excited to have it and will be an expert by our next plane ride in September when we head to FL. Devin received a Tag reader for Christmas and he spent a while reading books and playing the games with that. I love educational stuff and it was awesome to hear the reader thing ask questions and him talk back it it and do as directed. I did buy him a new Scooby Doo book for this ride and completely forgot to get it out to give it to him. Oh well, he can have it for something else in the future. Riley has a Tag Jr and she loves to hear it read the books to hear. The only negative with these is that their storage space on the reader is only a few books. The readers capacity is only 5 books, so if you own more than that, you need to take turns uploading and deleting them off the reader. Tag really needs to expand the memory on them. 

Funny thing, coming from the desert my skin is always dry and hair poker straight. I woke up this morning with clammy skin and super wavy hair. I love humidity! Oh how I miss having volume in my hair and moisture in my skin just from the air, not the vitamin E body butter I slather on me everyday. Now I just need the salt air in my face for a few hours and my toes in the sand. I cannot wait to play with my camera too. Taking pictures is  so much more fun when you have beautiful scenery. Its 7:15 and everyone is still asleep. Boo......

No comments:

Post a Comment