Monday, July 9, 2012

Summa time and the living is easy.....


this am

It is very odd how boys and girls innately play with gender designated things. For example, Devin loved cars from the very beginning. I babysat a lil girl from when he was 4 mo old and he chose cars/trucks over her dollies and what not. Riley had all of Devin's cool trucks and men to play with but chose dollies and barbies? It's so odd. Riley got into Strawberry shortcake dolls in Las Vegas because her friend Olivia had them and she played with Olivia every week at least once and sometimes more. She has continued to play with them and now she dresses them up and takes off their clothes. Up until a few weeks ago she did not have the dexterity to do so. Today she lined them up next to one another with the 3 inch version next to the 5 inch version of the same doll. We are missing 3 in Blueberry muffin which is not good in her mind!


Saturday!

Over the last week or so the temps have been (in other words) F-ing HOT. I can handle 100 days-remember I lived in the Mohave for 5 years....but man alive that humidity kills you. I feel like my body is refusing to acclimate to NJ weather. It is dying for the dry heat in Vegas and saying-you dummy get back to the desert! I guess by next summer I will be more used to it and maybe sweat less? I am definitely NOT a sweater but here I break a sweat just watering the flowers at 7am. 

I went running today for the first time in way too long. Besides Tough Mudder I have only ran, umm well about 5 times since the half marathon I ran in December. Frankie and I will be doing another Tough Mudder in Oct and although we both did well this past May-we want to rock the next one. I despise running-really do. Yes I trained for months running a half and no it was not hard but YES I loathed every run....even my shorties that were done in 25-30 min. Am I done yet is all I can think about. Honestly it is nice when you hit the 4-5 mile mark and you get a second wind and a lil more pep in your step....but for today I set out to do 3 since it was my first time out in a few months. I wanted to die. I woke up and went at 6:30 this am and had to get back by 7 for Frankie to go to work. I was worried about time so I cut through my division and by the time I hit my driveway I was 2.83 miles. Oh well-Wednesday I will run a 5 k to make up for the missed mileage. I wanted to quit at .5 miles then really wanted to at 1.75 and thank God I was about 8 houses away when I wanted to die. Still made it and in good time since mediocrity and I do not mix. Yes it was over and done with at the beginning of the day----but getting up and running with out allowing your body to wake up and eat sucks. Done complaining....

Today we will hit up the beach at the lake and wear the kids out. Summer is in full swing and 90 something days are really all the 10 day say. My kids are both beach kids-(not like they have a choice) but I am glad they enjoy going since it is where we will spend our summers from here on out. Frankie was not raised at the beach so he gets a tad bored, but the older the kids get the more they will be able to play with Frankie and keep one another entertained. We got a new game on Friday and took that with us to OC. Its a suction cup paddle ball. Really cool, esp for the little guys. One side is flat and the other is covered with lil suction cups. So you hit the ball on the flat side and accept the ball on the suction side. Good for hand eye coordination.

I am still doing my homework for preschools here for Riley. I really loved Devin's in NV...Boo! I want a preschool, not day care-structured learning not play group....with professionals teaching-not boobs. I actually had a lady at one school tell me that socialization at 3 is way more important than a structured learning curriculum. Yes, I told her I stay home and we go to playdates almost daily...and that I wanted a formal learning setting. She said 3 was too young for that....ok on to the next! We have another meeting tomorrow-fingers crossed this one is a better fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment