Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cleaning out the playroom-sick again

In Las Vegas we had a huge toy room-20*25 I believe and it was only for the kids since we has a seperate living room down stairs for frank and I to watch tv in. Their toy room was upstairs which is even better and was a open loft so we could monitor them since they were so young.

When I was packing the house to move I did get rid of a lot of toys and misc stuff we didn't need/use as well. Their toy room here is the front living room and is significantly smaller than our Las Vegas house. Although a decent size (20*16isj) it is tight w their stuff. I do not even try to clean it up half as often as I used to. This house is larger than our last and the kids do not seem to spend as much time alone in there as much as the used to. I need to do a better job of NOT allowing them in family room to veg. They have their own room....right?

That said, every Christmas I have the kids go through their toys and get rid of some. This was super easy in the past since we had so much baby/toddler stuff but now the have less stuff and its more age appropriate to grow with. I have a few things I want to hold on to for them to have when they're older and have kids of their own, but most of this stuff I just want to give to a younger guy that can use them. I want the kids to know that they need to give to those less fortunate and be 'ok' with letting things go.

Riley had a tough time with this but managed to let go if two Minnie toys, three babies and a toy lunch box. She thinks that the amount of toys that she put in the box means that's how many toys she gets from Santa. Devin told her that the toys from Santa are a surprise and you may get 3 or 37 but you never know. He told Riley that we donate to kids who "can't have enough money to pay for toys. " Devin is getting rid if a collaboration of two play tool sets and tool box. I suggested it and he said "of course mom, they don't work anyway." Now this kind of pulled my heart strings. I remember when he got his first part and the second set came when he was 27 months old and fully potty trained. It was what he chose for his special gift to be in undies. He used to get his tools and help daddy when he was just a lil guy. Now he knows they're toys and don't work. Sigh.

Went to dr today after not being able to handle being sick anymore. Double ear infection and full blown sinus infection. She was surprised my ear drums had not bursts yet since they were so inflamed. Got some crazy oral steroids to take down ears which I have to take 6 tablets on day one along with levaquin. Dr reminded me that I was just in 8 weeks ago for this same issue and maybe I will be primed to sinus/ear infections since relocating back. She also commented that although I've lost 8 lbs (saying yay as she said it) that I still need to continue in that direction to get to the ideal weight for my height. Umm thanks lady-I'm well aware.

I wish I had a bottle of wine. Office space is on so that makes tonight bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment