Monday, November 25, 2013

Finally getting well....feeling like a crappy mom

Devin gets sick much more frequently than Riley does. I do not know if it is because he is in school all day 5 days a week or if it is because he was a preemie and still has issues with that.

 A cold for one kid means breathing issues for Devin and knocks him out for days. He missed school last week Thursday and Friday because I (think) I got him sick. I had a fever and was congested early last week and Devin was sick by Wednesday night. He is much much better now and thankfully it has moved out of his lungs and he can get a full breath in. I think he went through 4 boxes of tissues over the past 5 days. No joke. Not to mention how dry his hands are from washing them a million times and not using the lotion I gave him.

Riley has been sick maybe twice with colds. e.v.e.r. She did have that weird fifths disease this summer which came and went with really no issues and she did have croup in Vegas. Nothing else. I am thankful that every issue they seem to have will resolve over a few days....but Dev just seems to get hit hard with every little cold he comes across. I am shocked with the fact that Riley is able to stay well with the amount of snotty nose kids I see in her preschool class. Its gross. We go through a lot of soap in this house. And definitely have a "wash hands when get home from school" rule.
I am almost all my Christmas shopping done and I will NOT be going out black Friday to shop. I used to go every year from ~2003 forward but did not last year and will not this year. It is not as much fun in NJ going alone since everything is so spread out and it is so cold. Vegas was quasi warm and everything was within 10 minutes and not totally insane. NJ is different. I may buy somethings online that day if the deals are offered. Last year they were for Target.com so that may be what I do. We shall see. Frank and I are not exchanging b.c we are working on the house instead. I will upload as soon as its done. Cant wait. Just a few more days. :)

Do you ever have those days when you realize you really do need a few days away from your kids? I know I have two good kids that are well behaved and well mannered etc....but the role of stay at home mom and being the first and really only person they want from is really exhausting. Mentally, physically and emotionally. Yeah mothers who work have to deal with work and then come home and deal with family life...but for me personally the everyday monotony of this just wears me down. Mondays I do not leave the house and I take care of cleaning, laundry, cooking/baking and yard work. I did all today and had Riley home with me and Devin off the bus at 1:20. Thankfully I had a few friends over for Devin to play with so I could iron and finish the Christmas cards.....but once they left.
4:40 "Mom when is dinner?" You have a choice between Tullotos ravs or pasta
4:42"Mom I am hungry and I do not want what you are making." Fine than you can go to bed without eating tonight.
4:42.5 "Mom I want something else. You cannot send me to bed without dinner." Oh yes I can.
4:43 "Mom I cannot wait for dinner I am starving. " Devin go play.
4:44 "Mom Riley took my spot on the floor where I was playing." Yes at this point I wanted to scream. You now claim your space on the carpet? And mind you the toy room looked like a bomb hit it because they were stuck in there yesterday while Frank and I painted. There was no room on the floor for a kids ass but he was just in a mood that wanted to argue. Yes he is me and yes I know this but F!
I love my kids and I am very thankful to have two healthy children. I need to get out of this house and not have to care for anyone. Not family, not sick friends, no one. I just want to be. I know I probably sound selfish and mean. But there are days like today I am just done. Frank and I have not been on an adult vacation in years and I am thinking we are over due. I need an all inclusive so I do not have to cook, clean or think about meals for us. Lay in a pool or in the sand. Read a book and take a shower without the curtain opening with a question like "Mom I was taking a really big poopie and I tooted and my other poopies shot out. Isn't that so cool!" Yes that happened today. Yes I literally was in the shower for seriously like 4 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment