Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend of prep time, party time and recovery...


climber is so little next to this mother of a
swingset!

The weekend was a SUPER busy but very successful one. Frankie rebuilt the playhouse floor of the swing set we were given and re assembled it. It took him about 7 hours total to do it over the course of two days and now the kids have a super awesome swing set to play on. We will have to replace a few more pieces here and there and some of the swings-but it definitely has years of play  left in it! Funny to see how GIGANTIC it is next to their old climber. Thanks again Kennedy family!

Derby day was great. Perfect overcast day with cool temps so no one was super hot. This is the first year that we did not actually have bets on the horses and to be honest I did not even get to see the roster this year. I was too busy trying to get the yard/house/food ready that I never got the chance to check out the horses running this year. At least I can prepare better for Preakness in two weeks and lay some bets down.

I am so thankful to have such great friends, family and new neighbors here. Getting to spend the weekend outside surrounded by friends and family both days was just awesome. The kids had a ball playing with their cousins and friends all weekend as well. Both of my kids are very social and love to play with other people, and having my friends have kids around their age is just awesome! Between park play dates, scheduled ones and just meeting new friends out and about-they are happy campers. Summer should bring even more fun since we will get to the beach and pool with friends more often. One thing I definitely did not miss while away for 5 years is the pollen. GAG! Green and yellow everywhere-my sinuses and eyes hate me. Come on Zyrtec work already! Friends in Vegas-enjoy that beautiful spring weather----its been cloudy and rainy here in teh 60s!

Time to take Woody to his pre op appointment! Bladder stones to be removed next week. My poor little pooch.

No comments:

Post a Comment