Tuesday, May 22, 2012

why it takes 20 minutes to get out the house

Before kids getting ready in the morning and out of the house was peaceful and easy. You just had to get showered, ready and roll on out. Now it is anything but peaceful or easy. I am a relatively organized person. OK, fine I am not relatively organized-I am super anal and a rule giver. My kids (especially Devin) are type A and rule followers. Riley tends to dilly dally but she is just three and a free spirit. Devin is my mini me and super anal and very rigid when it comes to schedules and rules.

Yesterday the kids had 9:45 dentist appointments.

8:30 I hop in the shower and gave Devin and Riley construction paper and crayons to make our dentist (who is a very good family friend) birthday cards. Devin was on it like white on rice and Riley drew lots of balloons for him. I told Devin he needed to get dressed while I was in the shower and he said fine. I gave them both cereal bars to eat since we were out of time to have anything else. 

8:40 I got out of the shower atand yelled down to remind him to get dressed. He was re writing the birthday card because he forgot the "r" in Thurber. Riley was already dressed but had to come put lotion on (again) while I got ready.

8:45 and I am now dressed in my yoga pants and t and Devin is still down stairs now coloring a birhtday cake on the card. My hair is soaking wet so I throw a bobby pin in my bangs and put a hair tie on my wrist to braid it once I get in the car.

8:47 I now cut him off from the card writing and now order him to get dressed. He goes upstairs and cannot find his favorite t shirt. It's downstairs so he comes down completely naked to look for his shirt and now a specific pair of Batman Lego undies. Both were folded in the basket and his jeans were in the dryer trying to dry from this damp house.

8:51 now and Riley has taken off her sandals and is applying her third application of sparkly pink lip gloss. Devin has finally gotten dressed and cannot find his sneakers.

8:52 I find his sneakers and start to pack up the half eaten cereal bars, water and their tooth brushes since they will have stank morning cereal bar breath on the way. I pour my now luke warm coffee into a to go cup and cannot find the lid. I will be super careful I promise.

8:55 Riley where are you?  Riley-"I'm upstairs going poopies." I go up and find her completely naked in my bathroom pooping. She tells me it hurts her bum when big poopies goes out but feels better when she;s all done. I just nod and wipe. Then she insists she dresses herself again. From capris, to tunic, bracelet, head band and of course the sandals are lost that she took off 5 minutes ago.

8:57 We found her sandals in the kitchen on her chair. Super. Lets get going.  Devin where are you? Devin-I am coloring Dr Thurber's Brayson a picture of Batman since he likes super heroes and he can give it to him. Brayson is my friend but I do not see him a lot." OK Devin can you finish it in the car so we are not late?" Devin-"yeah sure but you have to not go over any bumps BC that makes me color sloppy and I have to start all over again." ~See super anal and type A. At least he is neat and on top of things.

9:00 Finally get the keys and the kids out the door. Where are my flip flops? Riley "in the toy room." I find one and slip it on trudging through the explosion that happened in the toy room. Cant fricking find the other one and realize I am dragging the dogs leash around with the one on my foot b.c Devin has attached the leash to the thong. UGH. I go upstairs, grab socks. Put the socks in my purse along with the half eaten cereal bars, tooth brushes, tooth paste and a water.

9:02 kids are playing in a muddy puddle in the driveway and I walk over to the open door and there are no carseats...then remember the carseats are sitting in the garage. UGH UGH UGH. Put my coffee down on the shelf, walk back to the car with my purse, birthday cards and sneakers in hand. Note to self-walking on fallen pollen that has been rained in bare feet on is super mushy and gross.

9:02.30 tell kids to stay out of the puddles because they will get dirty and wet

9:03 Riley is crying BC her white sandals now have dirty water all over them. Devin is still splashing in the puddles and I am about to loose it. I get Riley's carseat out of the garage and strap it in.

9:04 Riley has now taken off her sandals while sitting down on the wet ground and is in stitches b.c her pants are now wet. My hair is partly dry but frizzing like crazy. I yell at Devin to get out of the puddle and he says "I am not in the puddle mom, only my stick is bc I am making mud soup." He is right, but WTH-just leave the puddle alone. I tell Devin to sit in my car so I can take Riley inside.

9:05 I take Riley in and get her a new pair of capris and different sandals and we go back outside.

9:06 Devin hops out of the car and rips a leaf off the bush to put in the puddle. Will you  leave the puddle A.L.O.N.E. Riley is strapped in to her seat and I go to get Devin's from the garage.

9:07 Strap Devin's into my car and get him to get in the car. I walk around to my door, get in and close all the doors. Sigh and in reverse we go. Devin is handed his Leap Frog explorer and Riley has B. I tell them mommy needs a quiet ride. I am officially a South Jersey girl again since I have yet to put my shoes on.

9:08 we are en route and pull onto Atsion and I go to finally take a much needed sip of my coffee...and its not in the cup holder. Where is it you ask? Well duh that is simple-It is sitting in the garage on the shelf. BOO! Devin also reminds me that I am a forgetful mommy because I forgot his coloring book and crayons to finish Brayon's picture.

We got to the dentist just on time after I cleaned my feet in the car, but my sneaks on. Wipes the kids down and brushed their teeth. Both have a clean bill of health and love our dentist.

We stopped by Pottery Barn in Marlton for a quick return and this is now the 4th time I have been there since moving home and the third time I have had to deal with bitchy and rude sales associates. Only once was I helped by someone who was polite and helpful. I acutally left the store once and called Princeton asking to speak with a manager and she was very helpful and direct shipped (for free) items Marlton would not help me with. F- you Marlton and your wenches that work at your store. You no longer get my business. I was planning to shop yesterday after I returned the pillow that did not "go" with my bedding but nope, I did not want to help their daily sales after dealing wtih the associate.

No comments:

Post a Comment