Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First room in new house-Rileys's room done (mostly)




before 2



before 1

We wanted to complete one room at a time and the kids were first. Two reasons-1. No wall paper and 2. cheap and easy. All we had to do was paint and buy new drapes, bedding and a few decor items. Riley chose the Camille set from Pottery Barn kids which I found on sale a few months back and I tried to entice her to have green or yellowey walls but she asked for pink so she got pink. I refused pink walls in Las Vegas but can't blame a three year old girlie for wanting pink pink pink.
Three of the four walls are pink and the one with the windows is white since she has pink black out drapes. Frankie and I painted it in about 7 hours since it required three coats of the paint with primer. That stuff sucks and is no different than regular paint.
Her closet had just a single shelf across the middle very high up and that just will not do since she cannot reach anything and it really was not enough hanging/organizing space. We took the metal bi fold doors off and bought 6 panel white sliding ones. They are 5/8 of an inch too big WTF! So, her closet is without doors until we figure out how to cut them down to make them fit? I think her room turned out great and she loves it. Its girlie and bright and not overly cluttered. I have one wall by the arm chair that i need to fill up and I will do that this fall now that I have a bunch of photos edited and ready to print. I can't wait to switch her closet over to her fall clothes! I am slowly pulling summer out that are still NWT and she never wore, but I cannot wait to get her into the deep purples and pinks I have for fall :) I really do not know how/why people keep clothes in kids closets that they do not fit into or are the incorrect season? How do you find anything? I know I am a lil anal that the lines stay together and outfits have to be hung together....but why have old sizes or even last fall's stuff still in there?
  
 
Devin's room is next and he picked out Batman as his new theme. Once school starts and he is gone all day I can focus on painted his room. He has a super awesome floral border at the top just like Riley did. God Damn 80's painting ideas. Our room will be after that but we have floral wall paper throughout and I am NOT looking forward to having to take that down. Lamps and paint is all our room needs. Painting is the pits, but I think taking down wall paper in a 16*24 ft room may trump that! At least the two walkins are not wall papered bc our master bath walls and ceiling are. Yes, the ceiling is wallpapered.

No comments:

Post a Comment