Monday, August 27, 2012

Kindergarten and preschool.....

Next Tuesday Riley will start her three year old program at Marlton Christian Academy. She is in the  older 3-younger 4 program on Tuesdays/Thursdays. I steered clear of parochial schools in Las Vegas simply because I felt that if they were only going to school for two and a half hours they really did not need to spend any of that time talking about Jesus. I LOVED Devin's Quaker school in Las Vegas and unfortunately the only one near me here does 5 day a week pre-K which would not work for our family and I wanted her to not have to switch schools for her three and four year programs. After  A LOT of time spent researching preschool programs here we decided on MCA. Its structured, not a day care, not a play room and although it is church based-it seems well run and well organized.

Devin starts Kindergarten next Wednesday. I cannot believe that he is old enough to be going to Kindergarten. He is SO amped up and excited for it. We go this Wed for an open house to meet his teacher and see the classroom. He is very anxious for school to start and get rolling. He has no idea that once it starts, it never stops until he is 22. His program (starting this year) is full day and his bus pick up is 8 am on the dot in front of the house and the bell rings at 8:45. He gets out at 3:10 and is scheduled to be home by 3:25. He is pretty much the first pick up on his route which is why it's so early....but also the first to be dropped off which is nice. I guess they do reverse route on drop off? Its a long ass day for a 5 year old and I am assuming he is going to be cranky for a while in the beginning.

I am a beach girl through and through but I must say that I am happy that fall is slowly coming around. I am over the humidity and the sweaty summer days and looking forward to the cool fall weather and change of colors in my trees. Acorns have already started to drop and pepper my driveway and front walk. I may try and attempt one more beach day before I put the chairs in the attic....but hmm not sure if I have it in me to do it. It has been so nice driving to the park and letting the kids run around there a few times a week.

I still need to get both kids some school shoes and a back pack but I have a week :) It really is amazing how quickly they grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment