Monday, August 20, 2012

How on top of kids memory items are you?

I used to be SO on top of getting the kids pictures in albums monthly or at least quarterly. Umm that went out the window last fall as I am now a year behind. I have not ordered pictures since mid July last year. Not only am I that behind with kids pictures, but I have not ordered our family vacation books since then either. I make 8*11 photo albums online for our family vacations and still have West Palm (sept 2011), NJ visit (sept 2011) and Williamsburg (May 2012) to do....and Halloween and Christmas Eekkk. I have to edit Riley's 3 year pictures and still take Devin's 5 year pictures (bday was june.) Why am I so far behind?

My thought is that in Las Vegas Devin was in school part time and I could get crap like this done easier. Then I know that once we put the house on the market last Nov/Dec I knew I was not going to be buying and assembling photo albums and then unpacking here and what not lead to August...I now have about 16-1700 pictures to go through and organize and sadly Frank takes the lap top that has all the pics stored in when he goes to Rhode Island every other week and that is when I would do this. At least I am on number 567 with uploading so far this am to Snapfish...thank god to the cool weather because the kids are outside making mud pies and I do not care how dirty they are getting!

I have kept their baby books up to date and I did assemble a scrap book from Devin's 3 year preschool year and just have to finish his 4 year old year scrap book. I know that he would love to see that when get gets a little bit older and I am glad to have it for him. I have it in order of all his crafts and artwork from sept to june in a sleeved 3 ring binder. My goal is to stay on top of things this school year as the year goes on especially since Devin will be full day Kindergarten and Riley is in 2 day 3 year old program. We shall see.

Other than that-Weather recently has been incredible. The cool mornings with the ability to open the windows is awesome. Warmer weather is coming in a few day and back up in the 90's but for now I am loving the 70s! I do LOVE the beach but I also am in serious excitement for my favorite season to come-Autumn! Love fall...love the smells, cool weather, leaves falling, crunching under your feet and of course hoodies and jeans! I know that the leaves are going to be a great challenge but I am looking forward to the work out and chance to be outside doing yardwork in the cooler weather.

I turn 31 tomorrow and am dreading 31 more than 30 I think. I no longer will be 30---I will be 30 "something" and that sucks. Frankie said not to worry about it until I am 35-36...so I guess I have a few years until doomsday. Its fine. kind of.



No comments:

Post a Comment