Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Peacock pride

Devin has now started his 3rd week of preschool this week and loves to talk about what he does there. Yesterday he did not get to play outside because of the rain. We got an unusual rain that lasted a good hour and a half on and off and apparently that was during his scheduled recess. He said they got to sing and dance to an extra song since they could not go outside. I ask him everyday if he met new friends and today he finally remembered some names, Jade and Ella. Great, of course he remembers two girl names. Haha.

His school offers themed days once a month to keep the kids in the know about what is going on holiday wise or something they work into the curriculum. This month is Western Heritage month and they are learning about settling into the west and cowboys/cowgirls. I am to send him in two weeks dressed in cowboy attire. Crap, we do not own western wear or anything that has to do with cowboys. He does not even have a plaid shirt this year. Thank goodness Janie and Jack as well as Gymboree both have a cowboy line this fall. I will wait until that weekend before and see if I can score something on sale that does not scream queer cowboy but does say, "I am a handsome rugged bugger!" 

So, for my peacock pride moment....in his backpack yesterday was our info flyer about parent conferences and all other stuff for the elementary school level part of his school and this ditto. He was very serious when he told me that the teacher Miss April told him to "Stay in the line and take his time." I must say that I am very impressed with his ability to actually stay within the lines and follow the zig zag down. I asked him if Miss April helped him, he laughed at me and said "No mom, I did it myself." I guess that was insulting to my three year old to even suggest that he got help from the teacher with drawing. It is not a major thing...but I am proud none the less. He is such a good kid and I cannot wait for a lot of you to meet him again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment