Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Riley has some serious chompers-anxiety about next week's travel

Riley turned 1 on March 13th and had ZERO teeth on her first birthday. That is right...zippo. She cut her first tooth on St Patricks Day (yay for Irish babies) and she has been non stop since. In less than 6 months Miss Riley has cut 12 teeth. She has been getting them out of order and its pretty funny. She got her bottom two, then top two, then the other lateral incisors up top and for some strange reason all four molars. Now that she has all four molars she finally has cut her two bottom incisors this past week. Watching her eat before was funny since she ate like a barbarian masticating food with her molars out the sides of her mouth since she had too little to eat with in the front of her mouth.

We will be heading to NJ next week and I am starting to get nervous about traveling alone with both of them. I have traveled alone with one at a time a few times now on airplanes....but not both at the same time without Frank. We took Devin and Riley to  Hawaii last May and Florida this past April, and it was a chore on a long plane ride. Two hour long plane rides I eat up for lunch, but this 5 hr plane ride BS. UGH. Lets hope that buying the red eye was a great idea and they will actually sleep heading east.  I originally had a entire row on the plane so each kid would have their own seat (Riley free b.c it was very empty plane) and Devin since he is over 3 gets his own seat. Well I got a call last week saying my flight was canceled (bc it was so empty) and I am now being rerouted to Boston and will be in Philly an hour later. Yeah, no that will not happen....so they put me on an earlier flight that is 90% full. I am going to be making Devin a bed on the floor (gasp if you want to, but a flight attendant neighbor actually told me to do it) and Riley will get to sleep on the seat I bought for Devin. Wish me luck! I am checking everything beside things I may need on our flight and nothing more.  I cannot wait until we live within driving distance or simply a shorter plane ride from family.

The great thing about a red eye is when we get to Philly, it will be 6 am and they will be jolted to adjust to EST.  We shall see if this actually works, or if it bites me in the ass middle of the afternoon when they are just miserable and cranky. Riley also never sleep in a pack and play (has 2 times since she was 2 months old) since she doesn't go to daycare so it will be interesting to see if she sleeps in one when we are there. Here is to hoping. :)

Time to get Devin ready for school! Saw a rainbow this morning already. It is going to be a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment