Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Best thing I ever ate-Cheese

Frank and I went out to dinner last night at Union in Aria. The restaurant is a American fusion with Italian/seafood/steak. On the menu was an appetizer titled Crispy Baked Mozzarella-Parmesan bread crumbs, spicy red sauce $17. Now who doesn't love fancy mozzarella sticks? Let me tell you, if you are a fan of the Food Network's show "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" you understand when I say this dish would be on mine if the show was about cheese. I wish I had taken a picture of this AMAZING dish. Picture a brick of Philadelphia cream cheese, but now make that fresh mozzarella hand breaded, then baked and sitting in a pool of spicy marinara. Now on top was a half a plant of fresh basil and the server poured more spicy marinara on top. OMG! The sauce was spicy, the basil was sweet, the cheese was salty and so fresh! It was so amazing. Definitely the BEST THING I HAVE EVER EATEN with cheese! I would go to Aria solely for this cheese appetizer! If you live in Las Vegas-you have to have it! I wish I took a picture of it.

I have not been able to work out for 5 weeks since the surgery so I have been watching what I eat. Last night was not a night I cared about calories. I bet I consumed 2000 calories between dinner and drinks combined. After the amazing brick of cheese, I didn't know if my entree could compare. Oh it did, and I was in heaven. I ordered Chilean Sea Bass-creamy risotto, rock shrimp and lobster broth. I ordered it without shrimp since I am not a shrimp fan and they made my risotto lemony instead. The fish was so buttery and rich and the risotto was fresh and light and not overly heavy. Frank ordered Three meat bolognese. He said it was delicious. I am guessing the meat was lamb, pork and beef. It came with it's own little garlic bread and freshly grated Parmesan. We both had martinis with dinner. Dinner wasn't too bad either. For the appetizer, two entrees, 2 martinis each the tab was $160. We then walked over to Eva Longoria's Beso for another drink. We sat at the bar and just hung out. Her restaurant was a posh steak house and it was jam packed. The cocktail napkins were made to look like Eva blotted her lipstick on it, giving everyone a little smooch from Eva. Cute :)


We took the kids to the Barnum and Baily circus yesterday as well. I must say, I was very disappointed with it. Everyone knows the tag line is "The Greatest Show on Earth." I was not impressed at all. The majority of the show was filler of clowns. lame acrobatic people and dancers. The tigers and the elephants did not come out until the end of the show. The kids were into it for the most part, but would loose interest with all the lame fillers. I am glad we got 30% off our tickets because I would be really upset if we paid full price for this show. We had great seats sitting center ring row H which gave the kids great viewing capabilities. Honestly I would say it was a second rate circus and not worth going to again.

No comments:

Post a Comment