Monday, June 20, 2011

They definitely keep me on my toes.....at all times.

Having a 2 year old and just turned four year old is definitely a challenge. There are days that I wonder if I will make it until Frank gets home at 5:30/6 pm. I know my days are not as challenging as some, but I mean come on! Take today for example. Riley had a snotty nose Friday and Saturday but was clearing up by yesterday am. She never had a fever or cough but I was concerned since she was loosing her voice and was raspy. I called the ped this am and they told me to come on in today. Making a 9:30 appointment means I need to leave by 8:45 since it is a solid 35 minutes away (and I don't do late.) I feel like Riley and Devin do everything in their power to piss each other off in the car. I am going to become a millionaire when I figure out how to develop and install a plexiglass center divider in our car. It needs to be like a taxi cab divider-totally durable and something they cannot injure themselves with. We get to the doctor and Miss Riley got weighed....and is officially 24 lbs 6 oz. I almost fell over! She was dressed, but how much could her tshirt, panties, shorts and flip flops weigh? I cannot believe she is 24 lbs. I know that sounds ridiculous, but yay...she is gaining weight finally. In the exam room Devin was playing his Leapfrog explorer (thank you to whoever invented this!) and Riley was eating her all time favorite snack of goldfish and pretzel sticks while we waited for the doctor to arrive.  The doctor did a rapid strep and it was neg and told us that she was either bothered by irritants in the air or she was sick last week and it is now dead and coming out. Who knows, but she is not sick and I thankfully do not have to worry about it.

I had made plans to meet with my girlfriend today and since I did not know if Riley was sick we decided to meet for a bagel and coffee so Riley can stay away from her son and her since she's pregnant. Down the street from the ped is a Starbucks that's next to a bagel shop. We got breakfast and sat on the veranda so the kids could make noice and we could enjoy the (not) so hot weather. Riley had to go number 2 about 3 minutes after we sat down, which is no big deal since she has no issues with going in public. What I do not understand is why kids cannot poop and pee at the same time. How does she not urinate at the same potty time as pooing? Needless to say, 5 minutes after we got back outside from taking her to poo we had to go back inside to let her pee. OK fine, no problem. I can sit back down again and finish my iced tea. No, Devin now has to potty but didn't 2 minutes ago when Riley did. I told him to hold it and go throw some money in the fountain. He and Riley were looking at the fountain about 15 feet away while my girlfriend and I sat at the table and chatted. HOLY SHIT I see Devin walk over to the bushes and pull his shorts down. I have not gotten up so fast and yelled NO quite as quickly as then as I held my still injured boobs and ran over to him. Mortified, I quietly whispered to him that he cannot do that and that we have to go inside. He told me he could 'hide in the bushes." Oh my dear God. Two tables sitting at the fountain thankfully had young couples at them and they were laughing at Devin. I could only imagine what the old couple with their backs to Devin would have said to me had they seen what almost went down. We walked inside while Riley stayed with Richale so he could pee in the restroom. Thank God I was watching him like a hawk because if I had slacked I would never be able to show my face at that Starbucks again. I swear Riley was trying to figure out how to climb in the fountain for a swim while Devin was trying to water the bushes. Yesh.

Riley hates clothes. No actually, she loves picking out clothes, getting dressed alone-then 10 minutes later undressing and then refusing to put the clothes back on again. She would be nude all day, everyday if I let her. I do require at least panties on her at all times. This is for a few reasons. Mainly for sanitary reasons and also because she plays down there and it skives me out. I asked the ped about that today and she assured me it was normal, but again, it grosses me out-so in turn if I keep undies on her she doesn't really touch anything. People really should warn you about how touchy feely toddlers are. I never knew they would be so curious at such a young age. I know it is all phases, but I would like this phase to go quickly. She went through two outfits today and by dinner she was down to her underwear and I was done trying to get her to put clothes back on. She even walked down the street with Devin and I to a neighbors house to deliver a Thank You card in her purple Monday panties and some Buzz Lightyear flip flops. This is not just a house down, but 5 or so-and yes a few people drove by. I guess I am that white trash mom who lets my kids walk around in their undies. Oh well, judge me-but by 7 it was not worth the fight since she was coming back simply to jump in the shower and go to bed.

Kids were both asleep by 7:30 and all I can say is-sigh today was a long day. Once we got home around 11 I spent until 6:30 cleaning our house. The only thing left to do is mop my disgusting floors. I even went through underneath our bathroom vanities and cleaned out all the drawers. I found medicine that expired in 2004! Why the hell would I move to Las Vegas in 2007 with expired medicine? How did I have an entire bottle of prenatals that were never opened? Better yet, how did I not take advantage of all the vicodin/lorotabs/codeine prescriptions I had? I guess it was all the pregnancies and breastfeeding back to back. I did the responsible thing though and threw the pills in the trash and did not flush them since I know the public water gets too polluted with prescription drugs that are flushed. I also peeled all the labels and recycled the bottles. It was so awesome to declutter and chuck some much stuff that I typically ignore. I need to do a toy room purge soon as well as a paper shredder party and my house may be in better shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment