Sunday, October 16, 2011

Everything is easier when you only have one toddler around...weekend of firsts

Devin and Frank flew out to SD on Friday evening. Riley woke up from her nap after they had left and asked where Devin was when she came out of her room and saw his door open. I reminded her that he is away with Daddy. The first thing out of her mouth was, "Go out front and ride Devin's bike?" I smiled and said sure. She realized she doesn't have to fight with Devin to share his bike and she can do anything she wants without having to share or take turns with her brother. She was in seventh heaven. She rode his bike around the island out front of our house for a good hour with switching to her little motorized quad she has.

Riley and I went to Gymboree yesterday to get some clothes for the kids. I spent $114 (including tax) and earned $50 in gymbucks. After I tallied up my total for full price items it was $396 worth of clothes. They are all in season fall clothes and I got a few Halloween pieces to throw into their dress up box. They LOVE to play dress up so I got the peacock skirt (one piece was only 2-3t and I was afraid it would be too small too quick,) a dragon costume in 5-7 and two candy corn witch hats. If you need a costume or just dress up stuff go to Gymboree. They are super cheap and great quality. Much better than the surgeon costume Devin picked out from the party store to wear for the actual day. The kids still need a few things clothes wise, but they are pretty good for now. Selling their stuff on EBay lets me shop a little bit without budgeting clothes into our normal budget. I still shop sales and use coupons (yesterday 25% off) when I can. Everywhere offers additional percentages off if you are patient and stay on top of your favorite stores.

At Gymboree Riley sat in the stroller and watched Toy Story 2 on the DVD player and was a super good girl. She did get out of the stroller about 45 minutes in and tried on a bunch of shoes. We left there and I asked her what she wanted to do for lunch. I offered pizza at Whole Foods, picnic at home and then she blurted out Sweet Tomatoes. Both kids love Sweet Tomatoes so away we went. I had such a head ache at this point and my face had so much pressure, but I thought it may help if I hydrated and ate. Nope. I have been sick for a week and a half and I finally went to see a doctor yesterday. I not only have a sinus infection, but I have double ear infections. It hasn't been the most relaxing time with Frank away, but at least I only have one toddler to take care of. We went to CVS to go to the minute clinic after lunch and that process took about an hour and a half by the time I signed in to when I got my meds. She was such a good girl. I definitely would not have gone had I had both kids with me. It is actually why I did not stay Friday afternoon when I tried to go to my PCP. Running errands with a 4 year old and 2.5 year old is NEVER fun especially when you're sick. I took a nap when Riley did and again would not have been able to do that if he was home since he does not nap.

Riley had an ice cream cone when she woke up from her nap, and to be honest I think that was her first hard ice cream cone? She has had soft serve at Sweet Tomatoes but never hard ice cream. She loved it and ate the entire thing. For dinner I ordered a Bobbie from Capriottis and she ate 1/3 of it. She loved it. I must say that it was her first "hoagie" if a Bobbie counts as a hoagie. Funny the things you remember...I remember the first time I ordered a chicken cheese steak for my little cousin Louis. I remember his little hands trying to grab it and squish the bread down enough to fit a bite into his mouth....and now he is 15! And now this is Riley's first. Riley also ate her first bowl of cereal Friday night. I know that sounds strange since she is 2.5 but wet cereal is super messy and Devin could never eat it since he is allergic to milk and soy milk just is not good in cereal. Since the boys are away I was not making me dinner. I made Riley dinner, but she wanted what I was having. Super fancy bowl of Cheerios. I made her a bowl in a Tupperware snack cup and she ate the whole thing. She then had it again Saturday morning since that is what I had for break fast. She is getting so big so fast. Sigh.

So today I feel a tad bit better, still have a headache, still have congestion but at least I do not feel like I want to smash my face in with a sledge hammer. Riley slept in until 6:57 am which was awesome and I love that she just wants to snuggle and watch a little bit of Sunday morning cartoons. I guess I will make something to eat and maybe some coffee since I haven't had caffeine in a few days. Riley is the kind of kid that does not want when she first wakes up and needs a good hour to wake up before she wants to eat. I do have some errands to run, but I have a feeling they will have to wait until tomorrow. The grocery store is a must since we are out of so many things....but other than that we are going to have a lazy day I guess. Riley does want to play out front so we will have to do that soon since today's high is 93. Gag! Time to get my tired ass motivated to get rolling with our day. Come on Fall, come to Vegas-2.5 weeks until we fly to NJ. Hip Hip Hooray for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment