Sunday, October 30, 2011

Stalling at bedtime is at an all time high!

Riley converted to a twin sized bed with no problems. She went right to sleep for naps and at bedtime. That was then, and this is now. This is her bedtime routine. 1. brush teeth 2. go pee 3. read books 4. go to bed. Simple and easy and no surprises. Well, she now goes to bed just fine and then 20 minutes or so later she sits on the edge of her bed and says she needs to go pee. "Mommy pee peeeeee!" She will not leave her room, or get out of her bed for that matter without my approval which is nice, but also annoying. I still have to go and get her out of bed in the morning when she wakes up. She either says "Mommy I'm awake," or "Pee pees Mommy." It would be nice if she would just hop out of bed and go pee herself without me or Frank having to get out of bed in the morning...but then again we also do not have a roaming kid either. I think I would rather it this way. I just need a walkie talkie to tell her to get up when she needs to pee. So this brings us to 20 minutes after she goes to bed. We are typically in the loft watching a movie to TV so I will quietly call her to go herself when she yells. She usually does and then goes back to bed. Recently she has been doing this every 10 minutes and NO she does not have to pee. She just wants to get out of bed and fart around. I personally allow her to go once after she is in bed and then not again. I told her not to get out of bed and not to yell for us. It seemed to work until another 10 minutes later she was calling again. We ignored her and she eventually quieted down. I went to tuck her in at night and this is what I found....a sleeping little pipsqueak who was sitting at the foot of her bed and had given up and just fell over and went back to sleep. She brings her blankie and her "B" to the foot of her bed with her. Sweetest lil thing there is.

Her pajamas she is wearing were a hand me down from her best friend. Riley insisted on wearing "Olivia's" pajamas to bed and not Riley's. Its cute and adoring, but hopefully she is not as jammie specific as the winter goes since that means I will be doing a lot of laundry to keep up. You can see in the picture that she has about 4 pink blankies surrounding her pillow. I have NO idea why she likes that many, but its every time she sleeps she likes to be engulfed by her pink blankies.

Today we do not have much going on. I have to go run 10 miles and Frank may take the kids to the gym with him while I run. I am going to prepack today for NJ....YAY! Love to prepack. That means our trip is right around the corner and we will be with family and friends before we know it. We booked this trip back in June and it is finally here. Just three more days and having Halloween tomorrow makes it go by even faster. I cannot believe the snow back home got. My girlfriend from college got 22 inches in one day at her house in Concord, NH! Crazy for Oct. Hopefully the snow in NJ will melt before we get there so the kids can play in the leaves and whatnot.

No comments:

Post a Comment