Monday, February 20, 2012

In NJ and getting settled

The week I got to NJ was probably the most stressful and upside down week of my life. I do not want to go into details because it plain sucked....but thankfully things are FINALLY starting to even back out and I am beginning to feel like a normal human again. I gained 4 lbs in the past 6 weeks from eating crap and not exercising and although I know I will burn that off almost immediately now that we are settled it still blows.

The house is coming alone. Majority of the boxes are unpacked and I am finding homes for most of our stuff. The entire house needs to be painted but the kids rooms will come first. Two reasons...1. I know what colors and 2. because they are the only rooms in the whole house besides the family room that does not have wallpaper on the walls. Both have stenciled border but that is a easy peasy thing to paint over. Devin really wants the Star Wars bedding from PBK but I told him he has to wait a few months. Up until the PBK catalog came he wanted Spiderman....so I want to make sure this idea sticks before we pay for bedding he loosing interest in. Riley wants the "Grace" bedding from PBK and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It is apparently a super hot pattern since it is always sold out. Both kids need window treatments since they have more windows in this house than our Las Vegas house. I wish roman shades were not so expensive because I love them.

If it were not for caffeine, I do not think I could make it through these super long days anymore. Packing sucks-but unpacking is worse in my mind. Our new house is 3000 sq ft but for some reason I cannot find a place for everything. I know in due time it will come together-but I just want to get rid of these boxes! Frank's commute is not bad-especially for NJ, about 40 min in areas with no traffic. Straight through the blueberry bogs and peach tree farms. Gosh I love living in SJ again! Frank was hesitant with moving into the woods and not in a development like he grew up in. I am glad I talked him into it out here because he LOVES it ;). Once the weather stays above 65-70 we can go for family bike rides and then in the summer we can go to the farms and get fresh produce again. That is one thing that stunk about LV...not a great place for fresh produce.

Other than that-kids love their new house and fantastic back yard. They have had lots and lots of play time already with family and friends. I miss my friends in LV, but welcome all great things to come here in NJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment