Monday, March 26, 2012

LBI....Thank goodness the ocean is local!

I have been and will always be a beach girl. I LOVE the beach and everything about it. I love that when you drive over the causeway you can smell the bay. We opened the windows and drove with them down from the causeway until we parked. From the moment I put my feet back in the sand until when we walked up the dunes and to the top when the ocean came into view-complete awesomeness! The sound of the waves, the warm sand, the cool ocean breeze and warm sun...absolutely perfect day to go and build sand castles. The beach was not empty but definitely not what it is like in the later spring/early summer.

It took us only 40 min from my house to parking the car in Surf City. LBI is so close! The ride home was even faster since I actually made a few lights in Manahawkin on 72 and only took 37 minutes. Heaven having the beach be so close. I really really really missed that while we lived in NV. Frank used to make fun of me with the fact that every vacation we took was a beach vacation. Umm, well is there anything better? He was not at the beach all summer like I was growing up so he does not have the same admiration for it. He gets bored-within like 10 minutes. Like most men he likes activities...now that the kids are getting older he can play with them to stay entertained. Me, I could sit on my ass from breakfast until dinner and just stare at the ocean. The beach is really one of the only places where I can just "be" and actually relax with no stress. This past week sucked with a big fat capitol S and all that stress and frustration went away when I put my feet in the sand. Salt air therapy I guess.

Kids had a ball. They built their own castles and then I built a big one with a track to roll their ball down and around in a ramp like form. Dev loves when I do this. He was a bit bummed that it was too cold to get water to build drippy castles, so we collected shells instead and decorated the castles with shells and seaweed. It only took Riley 6 minutes from arrival to tell me she had to pee. Awesome. By two and half hours Riley had to poo and Devin had to pee so we packed up and headed out. We had to stop by Ron Jon so Dev could get a shirt and sticker. He puts surf shop stickers on his Jeep powerwheel which is totally rad. He has a bunch of Hurley, Hobie and now Ron Jon Las Vegas and Ron Jon The original on there.
Side note-what happened to "honk if you love Tikis?" I know it was not there when we drove down when Dev was a year old...but I was hoping it would show back up again. Anyone know?

 Its chilly this week and now I am itching to get back to the beach. Hopefully by Easter we can get warmer weather to stick. Only one week left until LAX season. I only have 16 girls and only 4 of them are eighth graders. When I played we definitely had enough for a full field scrimmage against one another with subs. Boo to decreased interest!





No comments:

Post a Comment