Friday, March 2, 2012

they really do grow up fast.....

Everyone kept saying-cherish the little moments because they grow up so fast. It really is true. Just as people used to say to enjoy your college years because it will be over before you know it. True true true.

Devin is now officially registered for kindergarten. We went in yesterday and all the paper work is complete and being filed. I cannot believe he is old enough for real school. Sigh. Shamong is only half days and in the am which works out great for us. Riley still naps daily and I am glad that we can be home for her naps (if she is still taking them this fall.) He goes in for a screening in another 4 weeks which I am assuming will be seeing where he stands academically and socially. There were so many questions about what he knows and can do and thankfully the only thing that I had to answer no to was the ability to tie his own shoes. That is something we will be working on before he goes. He gets the first step and the bunny ear part but he cant seem to get the actual "swoop and pull" part if we go by Big Daddy words. We tried the two bunny ears to a few times but his fingers tend to let them go when trying to loop through. In due time he will get it.

He has figured out how to roll his tongue and thinks it is really funny. I kept trying to show him what it looks like and he would stand in front of the mirror and try to mimic it and finally one day that part of his brain decided to communicate and roll. He is so proud. Love it!

He started putting big boy Lego's together this past summer with a bit of assistance from an adult. He now can do them all by himself. (ages 5-8 yrs) I love that he can sit at the kitchen table and put his Cars characters together or the Knight line. So cool. I loathe these baby Legos because they are so small, but since I keep them all separated by set it is not as bad.

Riley will be three in just a few short days and it is crazy how much of a little girl she is now. She wants an Ariel cake, Barbie plates and a My Little pony pinata for her party. I will not get all that, but it is fun to see exactly what she picks out. I already have some Abby Cadabby that I bought in the summer on clearance at Party City so we will some how coordinate that with Ariel. Barbie and My little Pony will just have to wait until next year. She has requested chocolate cake and cookies for dessert and that is definitely feasible. We bought her this dollhouse for her birthday. When my friend was trying to decide on a dollhouse for her 3 year old last year we both agreed that they should have a way to close them up and hide all the crap. She got the London version and we are getting Riley the Paris edition. I am not sure where we are going to put it since our toy room is busting at the seams and I am anti toys in bedrooms. I guess we will just have to make room. The walk in kitchen, market and wrap around sofa take up so much room in their play room. I keep asking Frank if we can eliminate the one portion of the couch to give the kids more space but he is right that its a great couch for lounging and watching TV.

I wanted to have a tradition that the kids get their gift from Mom and Dad on their actual birthday after dinner and their gifts from anyone else at their party....but this year Frank will be in Las Vegas/Cali for work on her actual birthday so we will wait until he gets home so she can open it with him home. He flies in at 11:30 the night before her party so maybe we will celebrate her birthday that Sunday. She is going to be so excited to see it. Her Barbies will fit in it as well as her Strawberry Shortcake dollies. Three really is a great age.

I have to start getting the kids clothes ready to sell on Ebay. I am going to start listing next week so this weekend I will have to lay it all out and iron my life away. Both kids need spring/summer clothes and transition stuff now that we are somewhere with a chilly spring. Riley is very difficult to shop for since she is 3 and only weighs 26 lbs and is 37ish inches. This fall she ranged from 12-18 to 3t for bottoms depending on store/brand. I hope that for summer she can be a little more main stream but I doubt she will be. Dresses will be my best friend since it doesn't matter how skinny she is for most summer dresses as long as they are not super wide at the top since she has narrow shoulders. Who knew having a skinny kid would be this difficult? Dev is a lot easier since most boys clothes are simple-gym shorts and tees and madras shorts and polos...He is going to be 5 in June and only weights 36 lbs and is 41-42 inches. Petite kids I have here. Here's to hoping I have excellent buyers again!

No comments:

Post a Comment