Monday, October 4, 2010

If I were a millionaire my kids would be in head to toe Janie and Jack!

I absolutely adore Janie and Jack. For all those who know the brand, I am sure you agree with me when I say they have the sweetest clothes ever! For those of you who are not familiar with the brand-you need to get online and go to http://www.janieandjack.com/. My mom calls the store Jack and Jill and I just laugh. I fell in love with the brand when I received a 3 piece layette at Devin's baby shower 3.5 years ago.

Being a stay at home mom with limited spending money, I shop there when I make extra money selling the kids gently used clothes/toys/equipment on EBay or CL. I have to shop the sales racks because if I did not the small allowance I have would be wiped out with one outfit. Kids do not wear clothes long enough anyway to buy at full price.  A good friend of mine shops there pretty much exclusively for her daughter and I envy that. I wish Riley and Devin could look cute every day like her daughter does. Devin wears dress shorts and polo shirts to school everyday and Janie and Jack is just perfect attire for school. Yes, I can shop at Old Navy or Gymboree for this type of clothes, but Janie and Jacks quality is SO much better. For some reason, J and J rarely shows any wash wear and any stain comes out with minimal effort when Gymboree/old navy/target/some baby gap etc always looks worn and shabby after being washed. Not to mention how much the other brands bleed or pill even when washed in cold and hung dry.

They hosted a Friends and Family weekend this past weekend to where they offer email subscribers and frequent customers 30% off discount cards for their entire purchase. Now, I did go in the store and yes I could have gone ape wild....but I had a budget and had to stay within that budget. I did go over (only $25) but since Frank is the best husband ever he only asked me one time if they "really needed" what I bought. I put Riley in two of the dresses I bought and she just is a vision of sweetness and is such a doll. She even has learned to spin and stick her hip out as if striking a pose when I told her to show Daddy her new dress. They also had this great promotion when you spend $75 during the first day of the Friends and Family, you get a free 8 * 10 picture at their exclusive studio sitting in the store this week! So, Riley will be wearing a baby blue sweater dress from the Enchanted Garden line with matching hat and Devin will be in navy blue slacks and a white oxford. Riley's outfit totally channels 1920's and she seriously could not get any cuter!  I will post pictures as soon as we get them back.

For $243 I got
Devin
Racing Team madras shorts w matching polo
Racing Team knit shorts w matching t
a basic white oxford
Turtle Bay visor
bull dog hat

Riley
Strawberry sweet t shirt w matching shorts
Strawberry sweet gingham top w matching shorts
Ice Cream social gingham dress w cardigan
Ice Cream social two swing tops w matching capris
Sweet Kittens layette line dress
Island Dressing plaid shorts (I know I can find a matching top on eBay in the spring)
Enchanted Garden sweater dress w matching sweater hat and tights
basic white tights

Now, I did buy only sale/clearance items and got the additional 30% off for the promotional sale. I think I made out pretty well!  I do not know why boys clothes are so much more expensive. I do hate they they never have half as much as the girls selections because Devin does love clothes and the sales rack for boys are so limited. We did manage to get him the Racing team stuff so he is a  happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment