Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Random updates

Devin is getting better everyday with writing his name. As of now it is all caps, but after he has mastered the caps I will try to do lower case. Straight lines seem to be much easier for him to write (cap E, N) than the lower case versions. He really does enjoy learning to write and gets proud when he can copy what I write on the line above his. He is super observant and since he talks non stop in the car. He knows the last 5 turns by street name on the way to pull into our driveway. I used to tell him where we were going by street name on the way home if he were falling asleep in his car seat and it apparently stuck. He knows all the surrounding streets that run perpendicular as well if we take a different road home. He also looks out the window and knows areas of Las Vegas and what is around that place. For example, he knows what stores/peoples houses are off each exit of the highways. He will tell me to go one more hill (exit ramp) or get off at this hill to go to our destination. At least I do not have to worry about him being a man with no sense of direction later in life.

Devin has a serious gag reflex. He always has and it is something we have gotten used to. If he tries to chew a piece of food that is too big and it tickles the back of his throat, he throws up. Not only just what is in his mouth, but it induces him to empty his stomach. He is trained to go to the kitchen trash can and he stands there and tcob. He also vomits if he runs around after dinner before his belly is settled. He vomits if he coughs too much. This morning on the way to preschool he was coughing like he does every morning. He is groggy in the morning and has to clear his throat and as we were about 15 minutes into our 18 min drive to school he coughed too much and projectile vomited all over my car and himself. It was soy milk and man is that disgusting to clean up. So we had to turn around and go home to get him changed. He ate some breakfast as we drove back to school and he was really only 30 min late after all was said and done. I have become a master at taking apart his car seat though since that was not the first time, nor will it be the last.

Miss Riley is finally starting to talk. Just happened about a week or two ago. She has been able to say words here and there, but she is finally using them now. She says, Momma, Daddy, doddy (doggy), chew (shoe), baby, yes, no, this, that, CerCer (Cera), meow, Ded (Dev) and tank tu (thank you). She really is such a sweet baby and takes a lot of rough housing from Devin. I need to build a center divider wall between them in the car. I have visions of my moms arm somehow detaching and swatting us in the back seat when we were fighting and it makes me laugh out loud. My car is too big to reach them, but I can tell you that I have to tell Devin to stop touching his sister way too much. Maybe I will invent some type of device to install in a back seat to divide the bench seat.

Riley is a monkey too now a days. She climbs on anything and everything she can. She now climbs up the kitchen chairs and I find her standing on the kitchen table yelling to me. She does the same outside with the patio table. She climbs on the coffee table upstairs in the play room and she climbs on the sofas and tries to jump off since she has seen Devin do that. It scares me to death since we have so much tile.

We are headed to Palm Desert/Springs on Friday and I am super excited to go on another family vacation with the kids. We will be staying at the Marriott's Shadow Ridge vacation club place and supposedly it is very family oriented. They have a water slide at one of the four pools and I know Devin will love going down that! Riley will too, but on our laps. She is a lil dare devil. We shall see when we get there. I am pumped to go to the farmers market and the street fairs they will have. I miss that kind of thing living in Las Vegas. It is only about a 3.5 hour car ride from our house and hopefully they will both nap since we are leaving about an hour after lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment