Thursday, October 7, 2010

Kids are freaking hysterical-Go to Williams and Sonoma for a great fall activity!

So I have posted before about "Devin-sims" which really are just things he says that makes me crack up. He is a never ending talker and sometimes I cannot believe what comes out of his mouth. No, it's not cuss words or mean things since we do not talk like that around him....it is mainly phrases and his 3 year old reasoning.

I go to boot camp classes on Monday and Wednesdays and on those days Frank usually gets home before me and starts dinner. Devin asked what we were having for dinner and I said we were going to have Chinese food. He said, "Is the China man going to come to our house today? He is really nice." I laughed so hard and said no that Daddy was going to make the stir fry and that we were not getting delivery. Now mind you, we only get delivery Chinese foods (maybe) once a month if that since we do not really have a decent one around us. He apparently just likes the guy who brings it to us since he talks to Devin I guess, who really knows. 

Living in Las Vegas, we have a lot of unemployed day laborers who sit outside of nurseries waiting for work. They are legally not allowed to be on the property of the store so they always gather/sit right outside of the driveway to get into the parking lot. We drive past one every day he goes to school and Devin asks "Why those guys are sitting on the wall (NJ barrier) outside of the plant store." I told him that they are looking for work and he responded by telling me that was silly since you cannot "find" work by sitting on a wall. I told him they were landscapers who were not busy and he said, "Mom, our neighbors have bushes that are a jungle, maybe they can work there?" I told him how right he was and that I am sure they would be happy to work at our neighbors house and he told me he would tell the neighbors about the men when we got home.

Thanks to his two Aunts Kelly and Dana, whenever we are out and about and someone says goodbye to him he give them pounds and "blows it up." Now, for all those who are not aware of what this is....think Howie Mandel giving a fist bump and then lifting his hand up in the air and expanding his fingers out while saying "pshew" as if his hand was exploding. He does this with restaurant servers, people in Frank's office, people in stores pretty much anyone he comes in contact with who he talks to. My sisters would be so proud of him and I just shake my head and laugh. He really is so sweet and cute-I just wish he would be more gentle with Riley.

Being a boy he is NOT the neatest pee-er out there. I do not know how he manages to do this everytime, but when he sits on the potty to poo he also pees too (which of course is normal) but seems to shoot it out in the VERY small crack where the bowl and the lid touch. There is always a stream on the floor. He tells me it shoots out a lil bit before he pushes it down. I mean how much force is behind that pee, and why doesn't he aim it down from the get go? I am still trying to get a handle on this who boy thing and I think I am doing ok until I go to wipe his bum and find a puddle of pee on the tile.

Today I had some time to kill before I picked him up at preschool after Riley's 18 rescheduled well check. We went to The District which is a little out door shopping area. Being such a beautiful day, I thought an outdoor walk would be awesome and I let Riley walk instead of strapping her in a stroller. She loved the freedom and chased the birds all over the place. We went into Williams and Sonoma since they had the most delicious fragrance coming out of the door....freshly baked pumpkin pecan bread. YUM! I bought the coolest activity for Devin to do with Frank. They had haunted house kits and what better to do in October! Frank always builds a gingerbread house and train around Christmas with Devin so I thought this would be fun for them to do today. It comes complete with all of the structural pieces and candy to decorate it. If you have a WS around you, I would say this is a fun and not too messy activity to do with the kids. Devin is allergic to eggs so I could not buy any of the fall treats in the store. That pumpkin bread was fricking awesome and if you have a party to go to, talk about a great host gift set-bread mix, cute loaf pan and a spatula!

No comments:

Post a Comment