Thursday, February 17, 2011

How is it not Friday yet? Retail therapy is the best therapy out there!

This has been the longest week ever. Maybe it is because it is the first whole week back to our routine? Last Wednesday is when we flew in from NJ, then Frank left Thurs for Cali coming home Friday with an hour to spare before our date night. All the owners from Frank's company are in town this week and that makes for long days for him and us here at the house.

Devin and Frank both got sick over the weekend and that has definitely put a damper on our week. Devin is already a mouth breather and it is 10 times worse when he has a cold. Frank has kept me up too so needless to say I was tired and cranky this morning. Here comes the good therapeutic part for me.

Now that spring is rolling in, I have gotten the kids clothes together to sell on EBay. I sold some of Riley's clothes to a neighbor already so now that leaves me with about 2/3rds of the original wardrobe. I of course got a great email this morning letting me know that Janie and Jack was offering a temporary 20% off certain lines for this weekend since it is President's weekend. Now, I have not shopped AT ALL since January 12th. Not even for a pair of socks. I have been on a major saving project and I must say it is hard, but well worth it. (More on that to come at a later date) I have only done grocery store, gas, dry cleaners etc. No Target/walmart etc trips. I was going to save the money I already banked from selling some of Riley's clothes for Easter outfits for them, but we have two months until the Easter  and I will have the EBay money next week and more coupons to use.

I had made a trip to Janie and Jack on Tuesday to check out their new green lines that I think we are going to end up doing for Easter. They are still full price now so I have to wait until they run their Friends and Family in March and I hope by then they will also have been marked down at least once. I will either do a white or a matching green shirt for Devin under his vest. They are not overly Eastery but it is IMPOSSIBLE to find coordinating outfits that are not ugly or cheap looking. Easter is one day they need to look classy and adorable. I love the drop waist on the dress! Gymboree has a blue line coming out that I am interested in, but I know Riley looks great in green as does Dev.
Pin Dot Batiste DressGrosgrain Bow BarretteCable Sweater VestBrushed Canvas Short



Winter Cheer-long sleeve t, matching sweatpants, plaid button down and
black turtle neck

After checking out these lines, I looked around the store and went through the clearance racks. I did not buy anything Tuesday, but after my email this morning I went back today and shopped a little bit. I only bought bought stuff that was an additional 20% off the clearance price and I got some really good deals. The Moose Lake line was not my favorite with the color combination, but Devin apparently loves the moose playing ice hockey. I liked the price and was able to pick out a few pieces of that line and some of the Winter cheer line. Riley could not be ignored so she got an outfit from the girls side of Winter Cheer so she and Devin can coordinate colors 
Moose Lake line. Rugby, chinos, snow beanie, hockey socks,
long sleeve t and khaki cords


Winter Cheer-3/4 length T, dress shorts,
 matching doggie tights, will look so cute with
black maryjanes


Total retail value is $352. I paid with (8.1%) tax $129.  I think I did very well for Janie and Jack. There was a few more pieces I would like to get maybe at Friends and Family next month if they are still available, but I was out of money today. I love to shop. Not only does it put me in a great mood when in a cranky funk, but it gives me exercise ;). I got 4 full outfits and two tops and a few accessories at about $20 an outfit! That is Target pricing for super cute and great quality. Now if only they offered rewards programs or cash back! I hope I make a lot on their spring/summer wardrobes on EBay b.c they both could use some new clothes, especially Devin. Devin has no play clothes for this spring and only four or so school outfits. They only thing I do have enough of for him is bathing suits which I bought ahead from last summers clearance. EBay is definitely time consuming, but it pays off in the long run.

Spring will be in Las Vegas in three weeks or so and I cannot wait. Frank will be going away for business for almost two weeks so the kids and I will do some gardening and replacing of plants that did not make it last year. This will help keep the kids outside and give them some fresh air while I do the yard work. We are having Riley's birthday party here at the house the weekend he gets back so I have to it taken care of before he returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment