Friday, February 25, 2011

Silence is AMAZING-well snoring to be honest

Riley went down for her typical afternoon nap at 1:30. She is so easy to put to sleep. You literally just drop her in her crib and she grabs her mittie and lays down. Devin has been taking naps recently. I think he had three this week (including today.) That is VERY rare for him considering he gave them up at 2.5, but I will take it.

My EBay auctions ended yesterday so I have been super busy getting all 83 listings packaged up and mailed out as the buyers pay. Having him take a nap yesterday was a.w.e.s.o.m.e because that allowed me to get everything that had been paid for organized and shipped before they both woke up. He fell asleep today at the table while painting around 3 pm. We have been working hard on writing and spelling words, so hard that he told me his "3 year old hand" was so tired and it needed to relax and paint. I just about died. I said that it happens and he could take a break, but was not allowed to have the chocolate I promised him when he finished since he had not completed the task. He was bummed, but said he would work on it after dinner and get his treat then. He is so sweet I just love him. So as he lay on the couch snoring like a 400 lb man, I get to finish some EBay comments and go through emails. (and do a little online shopping-Gap was offering 25% off online orders and school clothes for Devin were so cheap. Got polo shirts for $7.50 and free shipping since I spent $52)

Frank leaves soon for his 12 days away in NJ. I started to lay out all of his stuff today so I do not have to worry about it tomorrow. Devin asked why I was putting Daddy's clothes on the bed and I told him he was going to NJ. Dev then turned around and went to his room. I followed behind him a few minutes later and found him packing up some books into his carry on. I told him only Daddy was going this time and he was SO bummed out. He said he really wishes he could go too with Riley and Mommy. I told him Daddy has to work everyday and that Devin had school and two parties to go to while Daddy was gone. He was quickly quieted with the new of the TWO parties we will be attending. I will be fine, but it is definitely going to be a long (almost) two weeks. I know it will not be hard to keep busy so that the time goes by quickly. If we did not have an alarm system and an across the street neighbor with guns we would be on that plane as well. I told my neighbor that if he gets a call after bedtime to load his gun and get his ass over here.

Gymboree had a lacrosse line last year and it was my college colors. I of course had to purchase a whole bunch from the line so he could represent 'Hurst Lax. This year they have a crew line and since Frank rowed in college I bought some of that line today. Devin was a little confused by the oars and asked why a whole bunch of boys would want to sit in a boat and row. I told him they go super fast and race other boats and he then referenced Ni Hao Kai Lan and a dragon boat race episode.  Gymboree offers last years' lines in the outlets this year so I am going to try and see if I can pick up more lax stuff this weekend while they are having a bogo sale.

Riley now takes her diaper off all the time. Does she walk to the potty and pee? Nope, she will pee right on the floor. She just hates having clothes on. She took her pants off, socks off and diaper yesterday in her crib. Thank god it was only pee, but what am I going to do with this child? I guess it is my payback for being a nudest as a child....

Other than that, we really have nothing else going on......Have a great weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment