Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentines day-writing out 22 valentines for the class!

Devin has to bring Valentines to school next week for all the kids in his class. Including him there are 22 kids. Devin picked out Toy Story 3 valentines since they have tattoos with them. The kids are not allowed to bring in candy or treats for the other kids so tattoos were the next best thing.

Devin is only to write his name on the valentine and I am assuming that he will just place the valentines in each child's special box. So far he is done 17 with only 5 mess ups with marker smudges. Not bad! I am interested to see all the other decorated valentines he is going to bring home next Tuesday. He really is getting so big so fast.

I bought some Egg Replacement at Whole Foods a little while back. It is an egg substitute based with potato starch.  It says on the back of the box that it works better in scratch recipes. I am not going through the hassle of making a recipe that he may not like. I bought a cake mix and we are going to try it with that first to see how it goes. I also picked up Valentines sprinkles for decorating the cake. Devin is VERY excited to do this over the weekend. If all goes well, maybe I can make Riley's cake next month for her party. I always feel bad that Dev can never eat the same treats other kids get to eat at parties.

Frank traveled to San Diego yesterday for work and is arriving back to Vegas tonight. We also have tickets to Jersey boys tonight so I may be meeting him at the restaurant for preshow dinner depending when is plane touches down. He got these tickets for Christmas and I planned it for this weekend so we would definitely have plans for Valentines Day. I am VERY excited to finally get a chance a see this show.  I was able to get a locals special and get center stage 9th row back in the orchestra! The theatres out here are so little compared to NYC so there really is not a bad seat in the house. Let's just hope his flight is not delayed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment