Thursday, July 7, 2011

I am sorry Riley, it's 5:44 in the morning....what?

So Riley wakes up typically around 6:30-7 am daily. Today she decided to wake up at 5:44 and when Frank went into her room she was completely naked. I asked if she wet her crib and he said no. Riley apparently wanted to put on her Mickey Mouse shirt and blue shorts. At 5:44 in the morning she woke up and for some reason insisted on putting this outfit on. I have to wash it EVERYDAY because she wants to wear it every day.....It was sitting on the drying rack from when it came out of the wash yesterday afternoon. Mind you, Riley has a closet full of beautiful Janie and Jack, Gymboree, Gap, Tea Collection and Hanna Anderson....but all she wants to wear this week is a pink Mickey Mouse shirt and blue cotton shorts from Carters. No, they do not match. Yes, that drives me nuts that she wants to wear an outfit that does not match. I do not buy clothes unless they match. (in the fall I do but everything goes with jeans.)

on the 4th of July checking out a firecracker 'snake'

Since she loves the outfit so much, she can wear it despite the mismatching look. Now I can only assume that she put this outfit together since she loves Mickey and her favorite color is blue? Why else would she insist on having to wear the blue shorts with a pale pink shirt? She even says, "No, match" with her hands up in the air signaling "oh well." She wore it Friday of last week, Sunday, Monday (4th of July) Wednesday and now today. The shirt is super soft and jersey cotton....I do not blame her...but again-wake me up at 5:44 because of the dire need to put it on?

She goes through 3 or so outfits a day since she helps herself to her dresser full of clothes. She typically puts on her jammies that have dogs on them by the afternoon. In the morning she likes shorts and tank tops....strange. She also likes dresses when we are going out to run errands? I am tired, and cranky and really do not want to be awake right now. Boo.

On the other hand.....Devin has become a solo swimmer! Yay! He gained some confidence at a friend's pool 2 weeks ago and since then has been swimming alone with no swimmies/vest on. Yesterday we went to my friend's house to visit with her since she just had a baby. She also has a pool so of course Devin asked to go swimming. I was hoping we could skip it since I did not really want to get in the pool yesterday...but no such luck. He was jumping off one side and swimming to the other (about 10 ft). I am so proud of him. The 6 weeks of swimming really helped him I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment