Monday, July 18, 2011

Riley wants a job in a magic show

I flew back in yesterday from a 4 day away trip with my sister Kelly and one of her best friends named Kerri. We had a blast in Sonoma County CA and San Francisco. I am not going to bore you all with what we did....but let me tell you this, I would move there in a heart beat. Either place....San Fran is a lil cold, but what a great city. Windsor/Healdsburg were beautiful! Love Love Love it all....

I get home and did the kids laundry first. Mind you, I was away 3 full days and a half day so not even 4 days. Riley had apparently changed so many times that I had to wash 17, yes 17 shirts. 8 pairs of shorts, 5 pairs of pajamas and three bathing suits of hers alone. That did not count any of Devins laundry. I asked Frank what the heck happened and she apparently is practicing to try out for that show "Quick Change" from America's Got Talent. Oh well it was fine. I told him NO Janie and Jack while I was away and told him to try and avoid her closet all together. He did do that, but she did empty her dresser and half of Devin's. I am thinking about putting safety locks on the dresser drawers. She just messes them up and throws clothes all over the place. I am super organized and have both kids drawers seperated by type of article of clothing and then subcatorgized even further organizing it. This is starting to drive me a little insane.

Devin is teaching her all sorts of bad stuff. LIke how to put a step stool up to our knee wall and drop things over top. UGH. I dont worry about them climbing over or falling...but I am waiting for something to shatter on the tile below. He has also expanded her vocabulary with all sorts of 4 year old boy talk. Eg. poopy stinky butt....then a giggle or anything really with poop in it. I have threatened him that if he talks with a potty mouth he will get his mouth washed out. He does not do it more than once after I hear him. I have had a bar of soap in my mouth as a kid, and it was NOT fun.

Being away from the kids was really a nice break. I tried not to call but once a day. It made me miss them more after I talked to them...so by not talking to them I was able to not think about it as much. I have been away from them once before (two days with Frank to US Open) and to be honest, it was very refreshing and relaxing. Frank has traveled for work (a lot) and for pleasure since becoming a Dad so he knows this feeling...Call me a bad mom, call me what you want-but I liked it. I of course was anxious to come home after a few days and see Frank and the kids but the few days to rewind were awesome. After a lot of laundry and some grocery shopping-we are back in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment