Sunday, July 3, 2011

Devin can eat eggs baked in! Riley is shunned to the corner...

 I think I can say, "It's official, Devin can tolerate eggs!" Last week I made Riley some pancakes and Devin asked if he could try some. I said sure since he had not yet eaten and if he were to vomit from them at least it wasn't after a big breakfast. He requested chocolate chip ones and I was more than happy to make his that way for his first time eating pancakes. I use Bisquick so there is liquid milk and eggs in the batter. Both of which he could not tolerate as of 2 months ago when I tried last. He ate not one, but three silver dollar pancakes! I did not put butter on them because I did not want to push my luck. He LOVED them. The best part is, he did not vomit!
We had a playdate this past Friday with friends that have a daughter who is just over 3 and a son who is 19 months. I knew the kids would want to play out back with all the water, but I figured a good activity would be to decorate cupcakes. I baked up some festive vanilla cupcakes with blue and red jimmies in them and had vanilla icing with star shapes and regular shaped blue and red jimmies for on top. Devin was really the only one who decorated. Riley and Dom just ate the icing and made a MESS out of themselves and Gabi just ate her cupcake plain. I thought the kids would love spreading the icing on....but I guess its more fun just to eat! Devin did not eat a whole cupcake, not even a quarter of one, but he did have a few bites. If this were last year, one bite alone would have sent him to the trash can vomiting his entire stomach...we have made progress! I will not attempt to make him eggs yet, but at least I know I do not have to be super protective of things with eggs baked in anymore.

Riley had her first accident out of the house since April. I went to the gym on Friday am before my girlfriend came over and in the daycare they put "potty" stickers on the kids who are newly pottytrained and that reminds them to take them to go potty. Apparently they never took her the hour that I was working out because while I was getting my stuff together Riley peed her pants. She was put along the wall in a chair since her undies, socks and shorts were wet and its a sanitary issue to have her play. So sad to see her sitting there with her head down and so upset with her hands folded on her lap. I told the people who I was so they could pull the kids cards and they informed me of the accident. Riley heard my voice and turned around and started to cry hysterically. Holding her wet socks, she ran to me and told me (while sobbing) that she pee peed her panties and her blue shorts got wet. I told her it was ok and it was an accident. She was so upset that her blue shorts were wet and she could not wear them on the way home. I took her to pee again before we left and she was able to stop crying by then and Devin reminded me how sad she was while she was waiting for me to pick them up. That may have been one of the saddest things I have ever seen for her. The utter disappointment she had in herself and solitary confinement. Ugh my heart felt for my little girlie.



She will hopefully be moving to a big girl bed this coming week. It will be pending the purchaser of her crib/baby girl bedroom stuff. I listed it on CL last week and have someone that wants to purchase it, but was traveling for the holiday. She is planning on coming by Tuesday. Let's hope this works out so she can be out of a crib and in to a bed. Being potty trained in a crib is not really working since she cannot get out when she needs to go. Instead, she yells for me to come and get her and take her to the potty. Her bedding is one last thing left of her being my baby girl. After this, I think that she will just be my girlie....no longer baby girl Riley. Tear Tear. I actually picked out that bedding when I found out I was pregnant with Devin (but before I knew what I was having.)  I was so excited that Babies R Us still had it when I found out I was pregnant again and I bought it before I found out what I was having....just in case it was a girl! Good part about being high risk is I got ultrasound after ultrasound and found out around 14 weeks then was confirmed at 16, then 18 weeks! Wendy Bellissimo's vintage Teaberry is what I was in love with! Sigh, love love love it.

her room before anything was hung.


No comments:

Post a Comment