Saturday, November 26, 2011

Black Friday was a total success!

I set out Thursday night around 9pm. I went to Michael's first to get some Crayola kits and foam activity kits. They closed at 10 and they are across the parking lot from Walmart so I hit them up first. I stayed in my parking lot at Michael's instead of driving across the shopping center because the Walmart parking lot was an absolute nightmare. I should have seen that as an omen and STAYED AWAY. I did not get a cart on purpose b.c I know its impossible to walk around inside WM with one on Black Friday. I went in for three things and came out with all three and one extra. My items were 1. Tag Reader books on sale for $8 down from $15, a Disney princess story time book, a RC car and a dress up box. Now I got the books and the dress up box but the RC car was by the WII and Kinect lines and forget trying to walk over there. I did pick out a dress up box for Devin too. Riley got Disney fairies and Devin got Marvel Comics guys. I got in line and waited and waited and waited. They had the line go down the center of the store and wrap around the back and then  when you got to the front a lady told you what line to go to. Sucked big time. Rude people kept hitting me with their cart and bumping into me. I know its crowded, but at least acknowledge the fact that you just hit someone...Yeesh. The lady behind me hit me twice while waiting in line. She took my sneaker off at one point by me trying to walk and her cart being so close. Back up sister.

I went from there to Toysrus. Got there around 11:30 and was excited by the fact that they were only letting 50 ppl in the store at once so there was a line outside. I waited about 25 or so minutes outside and then was given a cart and I walked around peacefully and without crazy crowds. It was awesome. I got everything on my list but 2 games that sold out before I got there. There were customer service people everywhere willing to help and this one man in particular helped me so much. He would scan the thing I wanted but the shelf was empty and he would go to the back and get it for me. He even ran into the electronics section (was a line to go in there) and snagged me some plush Angry Birds that make noise and tossed them in my cart for me. The last thing I needed that he went and got for me from the back was when I was ready to check out. He came all the way to the front of the store and gave it to me while in line. Best employee ever! I will be writing Toysrus for sure to applaud them for their organization and teamwork. Great shopping experience. One thing to note-I was waiting for a VTech lap top from the back and a few other people came after me and wanted them as well. When the man came from the back told us there were 4, the lady behind me blurted out that she wanted three. He then looked at her and said, well that is great but this lady was first-and looked at me. I asked for two please and she bitched and huffed. As we were waiting for the laptops some lady was going through my cart. I didn't know if she thought it was abandoned or something (mind you I am about 3 feet away) but after she started to shuffle through I said that it was mine. She stated that she wanted this one toy and saw they were out. I said that I was sorry she was not able to get it. She continued to go through my toys. I actually had to ask her to lay off. I mean really lady!

Target was across the road (4 lane) so I ran across instead of trying to find a parking space. It was about 12:30 at this point and I was nervous how crazy it would be since they opened at midnight. There was a broken cart outside that had a wheel that did not roll. I just pulled the cart and lifted the front a tad and all was good. I got EVERYTHING on my list here in about 10 minutes and got in line. It wrapped around the back and through the aisles but moved quickly. I had a super nice mom behind me who did not get a cart so I offered her to stick her stuff in mine. She was very thankful she did not have to push them on the floor and she and I laughed everything we had to move since the cart was a bum cart and made awful noises.

I was in the east side ghetto and ran up to the mall and Macy's was empty (the demographics in this area do not shop at Macy's.) Got the few items I needed there in a snap and went down the parking lot to Old Navy. This place was a zoo and i could not get over how many people had babies and kids with them. Mind you its about 1:30 at this point. Given the demographics of where I was I was not surprised, but these people are shopping with both parents and their kids...Hey genius-one of you stay home with the kids and the other shop...not rocket science. 

I got to the outlets about 3am after driving through the dredges of Las Vegas and shopped the three stores I need to and was out of there and on my way home by 5:45am. I usually go to Kohl's but this year they did not have much I needed so I skipped it. Frank wanted to get some good deals too so he left when I got home. I passed out cold until Devin woke up at 6:40. I stayed in bed until Riley woke up 10 minutes later. I got them drinks and snacks and gated them upstairs and napped with the door open until about 8 am. They came in about every 2 minutes to show me their Lego creations or dolly or booger or well pretty much anything to keep me awake. Frank got home around 10:30 and I went back out. I had to go to Janie and Jack (next post about that amazing shopping trip), Hallmark, Aaron Brothers for frames and The Body Shop. Home by 12:45pm and in need of some food and a serious nap. I did sleep for about 2 hours while Riley did and was in bed for the night around 9.

I got everything I needed while I shopped. I am even done teachers gifts, friends, family and a few randoms. We do need to get Dev a new bike but we are doing a lil research about which one to get. That is an easy purchase from Amazon once we figure it out. I am happy to be completely done shopping and it is not even December. Frank and I are going to wrap some tonight before we give them to a neighbor to store them until the big day. Love Christmas.

The house is decorated, lights are up outside and Balsam fir candle is burning. It really is the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment