Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Your kids ever cut their own hair?


March 2010

Nov 2011

Devin cut his own hair for the first time when he was 2 yrs 9 mo. It was the week of Easter pictures and it was terrible. He cut it right down to the scalp in the front. I thankfully had a hat to cover it up. Now that he is almost 4.5 he decided to "fix" his hair the other day. He helped himself into the child proofed drawer in my vanity and trimmed the front of his hair. I walked in part way through and the damage was already done. He is due for a hair cut so it was too long for him and apparently driving him nuts. Its not like he is a little boy with longer hair-we keep it short! I now have to take him to get his hair trimmed when I was going to wait for it to be fresh for his Christmas concert at school and the holidays. He knows scissors are not toys and he knows to go nowhere near Riley. Hopefully he will lay off his own head now.

Riley is all better and no longer sick. The croup thing really was gross. After 2 or three days of being sick and sleepy and crabby she started with this awful wet hacking cough. She slept just fine (thankfully) with the humidifier on full blast at night and naps. She did vomit twice from the phlem and coughing but once she got all the mucus up she was fine. Now she is back to her regular self and I am happy she is my lil Riley.

We are getting ready for Kelly and her boyfriend Dan to fly out in less than 2 days! The kids are super excited to see them and little do they know that they will be getting Christmas presents early. The half marathon is this coming weekend and here's to hoping all goes well. I have two bad knees and an injured toe but I will do my best. I am definitely over the commitment to having to run three times a week and am looking forward to going back to being able to do short runs and some Zumba or boot camp again. Frank and I went to spin last night and that hurt my toe and my knee worse than running does. Maybe I should not have pushed myself so much after injuries while in college? Oh well. Too late now.

Christmas cards are starting to roll in....house and lights are all set...LOVE this time of year. Vegas is unseasonably warm today. 71* and sunny when normal is about 60* but I will take it. Perfect to go and play at the park with friends.  60s are still nice especially here in the desert where it is almost always sunny. It is going to be a huge change for us to go back to seasons with moisture. I will welcome it because it essentially means I will be back within a 30-40 min drive to the nearest beach. Hello Mother Ocean can you hear me? I miss you and will have my feet within your reach soon enough. Just to sit and hear the waves rolling in, the cool damp air on your face. The salt smell. Sigh. Heaven to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment