Tuesday, November 22, 2011

So much excitement-where to start!

Y'all know how much I love to shop-especially for great deals. Well in two days I will be released to hit up the Black Friday sales. I have been doing this since 2004 and I LOVE it! I remember shopping at 4 am then and having to be at work at 9 am Friday for my real job back then. Sigh, good times. Nothing a little caffeine could not fix. I wake up super early on Thanksgiving, drive to the local 7 11 and pick up the paper. I then spread out all the circulars. I go through each one page by page and sticky tab the tops so if I have to reference something I can. On an 8 by 11 sheet of paper I write the info for each store (when it opens, when the door busters begin/end) and then each item (price/page number). This helps me stay organized. Depending on what I need from where will determine where I am going and in what order. Yes, I leave after the kids go to bed and since stores open at 9 pm I will most likely leave at 8:30. I think it will be a whole lot more crowded since people do not have to wake up at crazy hours of the night. We shall see. My sister Kelly thinks that I resemble the crazy Black Friday Target lady. It makes me laugh out loud when I see a good commercial. Last year I put on a jogging suit, pearls and held some weights to take a picture for her before I went shopping. If y'all don't know who I am talking about-watch this Target commercial . I was running on the treadmill the other day and she came on and was amping herself up in the mirror and timing herself while wrapping gifts. I was laughing so hard I almost fell off the treadmill. Does Kelly really think I get this competitive? The answer is simple, yes. I really do not since my kids are little and I do not need that hot toy-but I do have a game plan and I do map it all out by hour and location. Time is money people and being efficient with your time is what it is all about. Just kidding, but not really. I will leave around 8:30 and come home probably about 7 am. I have preshopped a bit since the BF ads are available online and I could price compare stuff the kids would like. BF has a few other things I would like to get that are cheaper then than now. Some stuff was cheaper this past week so we have lots hidden already. CANNOT FRICKING WAIT! Oh-and Kels asked me if I time myself wrapping gifts (quietly cheering myself on)-answer is NO, I wrap gifts while having some cocktails :)


OK, now that my Black Friday excitement is shared....I can check one more thing off the list. Christmas cards. We got our portrait taken Sunday and I picked up the pictures yesterday. Kids were a mess. Riley did not want to sit still and Devin kept smiling with this weird nostril flare fake smile. We found a few good ones and I have already separated and doled out all the kids and family pictures to the Aunts/Grandmas and such and have all the cards addressed and ready for the post office. I only have Forever stamps and we all know that they need holiday stamps so they will have to wait. Plus I cannot seem over eager and mail them too soon. Shit-maybe I am a little bit of the Target lady? Ha ha, I will mail them once the calender says December and maybe I will not be the first to arrive. Who knows, but I do love that I do not have to stress about it. With Thanksgiving this week and Kelly and Dan arriving next Friday for the marathon....I will have enough to think about and Christmas cards will not be one of them. Hooray! I do have a few that I need updated addresses for, but I do have time :) The actual Christmas card picture is of our family and I am holding off on sharing until they go out, but here are a few of the other ones we got done.

a pic we had taken at Janie and Jack

Riley is sick sick for the first time ever. She has had a cold here or there but never been sick. She has croup. Awesome. Boo! She woke up yesterday with this barking cough and a hoarse voice. Now when I was babysitting a little girl had it so I knew the cough. Crap! She did not have a fever and only had a minimally runny nose. I took her to the ped once I dropped Devin off to school and low and behold she has croup and stridor (labored wheezy breathing) when she was playing. Ped said she has been seeing cases daily and two friends we know also have it now. She could have gotten it anywhere since it is a virus. Being a virus, antibiotics will not help. The doctor did give her a shot of steroids to help dilate her airway  Her little cough was so sad and she was hoarse all day. . She slept just fine with the humidifier full blast and seems a little better today. Apparently after the initial three days it gets super phlemy and wet. Gross. Glad I have that to look forward to!

We put our house on the market Monday. As you all know, we are being relocated back to NJ for Franks job. We first thought it was timed for next summerish. As fall progressed we were made aware Frank had to be there sooner than later for a new project/position. The market in Las Vegas is the WORST in the whole country and is saturated with houses since the housing bubble burst and well....its bad. For example, if you search my zip code (think Kings Grant size area for you NJ peeps) there are 28 houses within a $1000 range. Crazy! No, we have no idea what we are doing once we move to NJ, or exactly when it will be. There are a lot of factors that go into that and I do not know the answers to some of them. All we do know is Frank will be working from the Mays Landing office rather than the Princeton one. I have mixed feelings about this move. Yes, I have been waiting forever to get to get out of Las Vegas....but I have some really great girlfriends out here. Devin loves his school and he and Riley have great buddies to play with and well I will have a really hard time saying goodbye to my friends. Its not tomorrow or next week, but I know time will fly as it always does...I am however super excited to be back by family, the ocean and green!

Lastly, I have to share some warm fuzzies. Devin has loved to write and draw since he was able to. He has writing and drawing daily forever and draws the coolest pictures he can think of. Yesterday he drew a picture of a pirate ship with cannons and sails along with a wheel house and pirates on it. He wants to give it to his buddy Cash to hang in his room. So sweet. He also wrote his first "love letter." Now I am not sure where he came up with this...but he requested a piece of paper and then brought it back to me when he was done. He said its a love letter and I read what he wrote. Devin, Mom and Dad (because he loves us) along with "things he loves." Those things are a pirate (wearing a hat and earring) holding a sword and a ship sailing on the water and lots of hearts because "hearts mean love." Sigh, he is just so sweet. I will definitely be saving this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment