Monday, November 14, 2011

Little Miss Riley is in sad shape


this morning on the couch before Devin
woke up

Riley cannot seem to catch a break with teething. She is having serious issues with some molars and hasn't slept, eaten or been able to be her happy go lucky self for days. She tries to eat and says her boo boo in her mouth hurts. She will drink fluids but only here and there. She is still peeing OK so I know she's not dehydrated, but I just feel so bad for her. She is up through out the night crying and the Motrin and/or Tylenol is not helping. She is lethargic and sleepy and ran a fever yesterday. She woke up without a fever today, but is now warm again and taking an early nap. She and I went to grab a bite to eat this morning after I dropped Devin off at school and she passed out in my arms out in the sun on the patio at Starbucks. Good thing she is still a peanut and I can cradle her in my arms. She slept like that for a solid half hour if not longer. She then fell asleep again in her carseat as I was unloading groceries from the car when we got back to the house at 11:45 am.


today at Starbucks
  Devin never teethed this bad and the weird thing is-she already has cut all four 2 year old molars...Why is she having so much pain and discomfort? And why is it lasting this long? She has inflammation further back on her gumline (where another set of molars would come in a few years) and I am not sure why she has it there. I put a call into her dentist to see if he saw anything on the xrays they took two weeks ago at her cleaning. She hates orajel, but I do try and give it to her at night before she goes to bed so she can at least pass out smoothly. I just wish she could eat a lil more since that would probably help keep her spirits up. She has been requesting movies and lots of snuggle time. Frank and I both love the extra snuggles but feel so sad for her since she is in so much pain. She is also VERY dramatic with her facial expressions. Frank and I were both cracking up last night when she made the most dramatic and pouty face possible when she was telling us her boo boo was hurting.  Now if only I could catch up on some of my missed sleep from last night we would all be a little better off. Thank goodness Dev is patient and being a great big brother to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment