Monday, January 9, 2012

about the move-Devin sat in Kindergarten for a lil math!

Holy crow life is in fast forward right now. I flew back in from NJ last night and Frank flies out Sat mid afternoon. He is there to stay though....he will have to come back to NV for some testing at work now and then, but for the most part-he will be a NJ resident.

The shipment of boxes arrived last Thursday am 4 hours before I was to fly to NJ so I was able to pack only 5 boxes. I have packed three more so far today and holy hell is this over whelming. I can do it, but there is just so much to do. I have to leave the play room out since I will be here alone with the kids until moving day and they DEFINITELY need their toys to keep me sane.

Surreal. I know I have used that word before to talk about this, but that is really the only way I can describe this feeling. Coming up on 5 years here in Las Vegas (the longest Frank and I have lived anywhere in 9.5 years) we have been told we are moving....to Sonoma, CA, then Orange County Cali....and now NJ. Now its real. We are moving. To NJ. In very little time. After going back there this weekend I am more excited than ever to get back to woods, water, seasons and of course friends and family.

Then today once the dust settled with what is going on with the move, I started to think about actually leaving. I am leaving Las Vegas. I am leaving a great group of ladies I have grown to love. Every other place we moved we were only there for 9-18 months. I made friends and besides some ladies in PGH, I really have not stayed in contact with any. Here, I made friends and they are awesome. I really will miss them, and I cannot believe in 4 short weeks I will have to say goodbye. For some of them, I will probably never see them again. With us all having kids it will make it hard to reunite especially since the ladies I am friends with are not all friends with one another. It is not like we can do a girls weekend to catch back up. I do have faith that I will see a few of them since they have family on the East coast so maybe we can rendezvous...It is just sad. I got all choked up the two times I started to mention it this morning....and Frank will not even be here to watch the kids so we can go out for one or two more happy hour girls time.

Devin is doing very well in school. Today he went into the kindergarten at his school which is down in another wing. At his preschool they typically send the 4 year olds into the Kindergarten classrooms later in the spring (kind of like an orientation) so they have an idea what they will be going to next fall. I think that is a great idea. Devin got to go today not for orientation though.  Now here is the SUPER DUPER proud moment. He got to go today to sit in on their math lesson. He is excelling so much in the 4 year old room that they wanted to see how he would fair in the kindergarten class. He of course was not shy and blended right in with the kids. Teacher said he did very well and enjoyed it. YAY! I am very happy and reassured that we made the right choice to send him to Kindergarten this fall even though he will be just turning 5 this summer.

Riley Mae is awesome. She plays so well independently and is a pleasure to be around. She talks and talks and talks nonstop but says some super funny things. She now calls Frank "honey" then laughs and says "just kidding." She sings and imitates Ariel and the girl bird from Rio all the time and of course can full on "talk" her babies and dollies when playing upstairs. She still changes 2-3 times a day and thankfully is much neater when she eats so I am removing less stains. She and Devin were talking about what they want in their new rooms when we move. Devin wants Spiderman sheets he saw in the PBK catalog and Riley wants Barbie. I am not really into the Spiderman duvet they have so he will have to settle with just the sheets under his sports bedding. Riley can get Barbie sheets too if I can find them? Maybe EBay?

In a few more days I will fill y'all in with the house info...but I can say moving time is second week of Feb.

No comments:

Post a Comment