Friday, January 20, 2012

Haven't lost my mind yet...


He is getting so great at coloring

I have to keep reminding myself that military families do this all the time. Not for a month-but for 6 months, a year or even longer. Then the devil on the other shoulder says, "They chose to have kids knowing their husbands would be gone." Then I take a step back and realize I am thankful that my husband will see the kids in 3 more weeks and is totally healthy and not at risk of dying at enemy lines and is just across the country working.


He has been gone for a week. I have been used to Frank traveling for work for a few days to a week at a time here and there and that is totally fine. Not hard, just a little extra tiring. Having said that, the first week is almost done and I am exhausted. Not only do I have to do the Mommy routine, I have to pack this house up which is the hard part. The further I get into it, the more daunting it really is. We still have 2.5 weeks left and I still need a lot of this stuff just to get by. Toys, TV, bedding, clothes, bathroom stuff and kitchen stuff are of the necessity. I also have to take into account that the movers will not have my stuff in NJ for 7-10 days after they leave my house in Las Vegas so I have to pack separately for what we will need to stay at my mothers house for a week to week and a half. Not to mention I have to break down stuff like our outdoor play things, and wrap all the tool in the garage in stretch wrap in addition to packing.  I ran out of boxes and ordered more on Sunday and they called yesterday to let me know they are backordered and will arrive on the 30th. So not ok. I have to go to a few stores and pick up some in my free time.  I really need to remember to buy wine at the supermarket when I go tomorrow. Oh and Devin does not nap. I have him doing a worksheet now so I can go through emails and such now.


today at Town Square

The kicker is going to be the day we leave. I will either grab a cab or a ride to the airport and have all my luggage to check (to have in NJ) along with the two car seats. Then going through security I will have the carry on bag with activities/food/drinks for the kids, two small dogs in airplane approved carriers (which are considered my carry on and Devin's) and two excited and probably exhausted/hungry kids since our flight leaves at 2pm (getting to airport at 12:30). I just hope for my own sanity the flight is not full and we have super nice flight attendants. God give me strength to make it through a 9 hour travel day with those 4 young beings. I am going to have to have Frank get a gate pass so he can meet us at the arrival gate. I know by then I will need a hand.

Things with the house seem to be moving along well. Inspection went well and the few action items are being executed for us. Our lovely new home has been wallpapered throughout...anyone want to come over for a "steam and removal" party? It is going to be super fun and definitely not something you want to miss out on! Then, after the super fun "steam and removal" of wallpaper party we may have a totally rad "clear the backyard brush party"-come on you know you want to come over for that! Anyone recommend a tree stump grinder company? Or someone to buy wood from for our first winter?

Flight is booked, moving company is set-I will be officially out of Vegas for good Tuesday Feb 7th at lunchtime. Sigh. 17 days and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment