Sunday, January 22, 2012

Are we there yet?


tonights new do :)

On Friday hair length
I almost completely lost my cool tonight...but to alleviate the problem I had them take a bath in my garden tub. The kids love my bathtub because its super deep and big and they can swim around in it. They usually have a bubble bath in there since the water comes out at Niagara Falls speed the bubbles are AMAZING in our tub. Devin requested no bubbles since he wanted to swim tonight and "bubbles make it foggy." Well duh of course they do...so we did not do any bubbles and the kids practiced going under water and pretty much over flowing the tub tonight. They also discovered there is a slight slope at the back on the tub that they can slide down into the tub with. Great. I did give Riley a cute hair cut tonight though. I trimmed her hair a few days ago...but it was not short enough. I think it looks great toinght.

I had a pretty rough day today trying to get errands done and at home things done. I survived and all is good...but to be honest-it really blew. I am so over wrapping things in bubble wrap and figuring out what goes in what box size and at this point I just want to make a HUGE donation! I have so many pint glasses from college-Cornerstone and Plymouth...but do I still need them? I don't know. I do love them. They hold a special place in my heart for sure but it also means extra bubble and tape and careful placement in a box. What to do, what to do.

I am now having to accept that I am leaving Las Vegas in two weeks. I still have to book a hotel for Monday night the 6th for the kids and I. I seem to be putting it off since I am pretending it is not happening. It is on the to do list for tomorrow though. Reality is what it is and I have to swallow that, but for tonight I will act as if today is just another day and I get to hang out with my best girls whenever I want to.

I made a delicious dinner tonight and Riley ate all of hers as always and Devin put up a fight because he did not want to eat his veggies. I made BBQ chicken in a saute pan (so no char-god forbid there be any black from the grill) and green beans almondine with some carrots. I only gave Devin one carrot cut up in fourths and a half of a green bean cut in half. He was allowed to leave the table when he had a bite of carrot and a bit of green bean. I did not emphasize the chicken since he eats that all up everytime. We sat there for 49 minutes today by the time he had a bit of each. He gagged and heaved with them in his mouth while Riley chugged away at polishing off her entire plate. I mean seriously? I was stern tonight and did not let either one leave the table until dinner was complete. Devin did end up eating a piece of each (actually 3 carrot bites) and all the chicken. It is funny because I totally remember sitting at the table as a kid. He is old enough that it should be instilled if I know for sure it is something he will eat, and like tonight he whined and complained he was starving while I was preparing dinner.

I am still going to try and be super mom and TCB tomorrow. Have to get Dev off to school by 8, head to realtors office, run errands, get him and head home for lunch and packing. Heading off to bed now so I can do so. Every night one of the kids have been waking me up. Not both each night, but each one every night. Not needing anything, but jsut waking me up since I sleep so lightly. I get no sleep with these two dogs as it is. As you can see I am on my left side with Woody resting his head on my thigh and Cera behind me. (and I am not a small dog person as it is....) I would like one night in a hotel ALONE to take a shower alone, eat dinner quietly and slowly and to go to bed with noone else around once all of this is said and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment