Wednesday, April 4, 2012

M.I.L.F

So after having kids you wonder where your old body went....where are your perky boobs? Your flat stomach? Your tight ass? Seriously, I had a firm bubble butt until kids-now umm well not the same. Will I ever get them back again?  Answer is-yes, if you work for it...kind of. My genetics is the super awesome kind that lends to shimmery silver stretch marks and spider veins no matter how much weight I loose, but I would take that any day knowing that my kids were the ones that did that to my body. I start to wonder that if I was not over weight (I was) when I got pregnant with Devin that maybe I would not have gotten stretch  marks? I did not see my first one until 32 weeks and then F they were showing up left and right almost daily. Almost like my body just reached its point of ultimate expansion-for real! I was not allowed to work out from 28weeks until I had him at 34 weeks since I was high risk which helped with weight gain. I lost all that baby weight then an additional 10 lbs before I got pregnant with Riley.  Again being advised from the beginning this time not to work out at all since I was deemed super high risk I gained 33 lbs. Then lost all that baby weight and an additional 20. So the final result, thinned body with baggy zebra striped belly.  BOO! Its not enough to get a tummy tuck, believe me I asked....but its enough to drive me insane.

This is where MILF comes into play. Shouldn't every mom want to be considered one? I know I do. I have been slacking a bit with the working out since I do not have a gym membership and I am so tired when Frank gets home that forget working out in the pm. I will start in the am now that it is finally starting to be above 40 before he goes to work. I run with my girls for practice and do core strength stuff with them. I have this tough mudder coming in May and I am definitely not as prepared for this as I was for the half marathon back in December. I will be fine since I am still in shape I just need keep working out with my lax girls on a daily basis. Diet is something crazy like 75-80% of your success with losing and keeping weight down. I need to focus more on that....I do pretty well but not the best I can. Focus Shannon!

In Vegas all of my girlfriends worked out. Most of them were runners, all of them were active. We all had babies at different times so we were on different schedules but all of them were in the same mind set as me-get healthy and back into shape. It was nice to get tips from them and motivation as well...all of them served as inspiration to me because they all were busy moms doing mom stuff, some worked, and all worked out and still had time to meet up for a drink out at night or coffee out on the patio.  One of my friends is a personal trainer-she is a total MILF. She is also totally for real. She has 4, yes four kids now and looks awesome. She works her ass off and eats clean but is still a mom (of 4!) with lots of mom things to do all in addition to working with clients and being a wife.  Here are two pictures of her to see that she is normal- at just over 8 mo pregnant and 9 mo post baby...so yes-it is totally possible to be a hottie post baby. My other friend posts lil interval workouts that are great for moms with little time or no gym access. It shows that you can workout anywhere if you just dedicate 30 min to doing so and that mom gained something crazy like 60 lbs with her first pregnancy and looks awesome today after two!

Everyone is different and everyone's bodies react different to change. I will always have broad shoulders, wider hips and thick legs. My doctor confirmed the fact that I will never be a tiny size since I am "not built that way" as he says and he advised to not kill myself trying. At least I am not setting myself up for failure going in-knowing the truth with what I can attain body wise. I know that I can trim down here and there and tighten up. Discipline and dedication is what I need and truth be told-I am lacking both a little right now. If I look at pictures of me 6 years ago I am way better off now than I was then but not the best I can be. I am smaller than I was senior yr in high school, just a completely different composition.  I was not able to swim for the most of last year because of my surgery but this summer I am actually excited to be able to play with the kids in the water and not sit by the wayside. I have some work to do and am looking forward to doing it. Frank and I are the healthiest and in the best shape that we have been in years. It helps to have the other person be in the same boat as you to keep you on track. If only I did not love everything bagels so much and umm red wine :) At least I could cut out sweets completely since I really do not care for them...but man alive I love carbs. I do not eat a lot of them, but I would be way to cranky if I cut them out completely.  Spring is almost here and that means summer is around the corner. No more time to be complacent and its get up and go time. Wanna go for a bike ride? I do, lets meet up!

Kids note-Devin's kindergarten screening went well. The teacher came out and said he went through all the skill tests with flying colors but is "quite the talker." Eek I know. I laughed and said yes he is and she said well it is better than being shy. She did say that she had to ask him to stop talking a few times so she could continue to ask him questions. The one thing he needs to work on is "ability to listen and repeat information." She said he was so excited to talk about stuff that he would get side tracked when he was asked to repeat stories and what not. Listen here Teach-I know, he talks NONSTOP all day long. The kid cannot help himself. He has to make noise at all times. I asked him Sunday while driving in the car if we could have a quiet minute of no talking and he lasted 15 seconds until he started to make popping sounds with his lips. He was correct that he was not talking... :) Long story short, she said he is ready for kindergarten and is not worried at all about his young age. 


No comments:

Post a Comment