Monday, June 7, 2010

Devin is 3 and wants a bike!

So Devin turned three today! That is just amazing how time really does fly when you are so busy with nothing :). His dad and I will be giving him a Toy Story bicycle for his birthday. Now anyone who does not have kids old enough to ride a 2 wheeler be thankful you never had to put one together. Huffy is a well known brand of bike and I was comfortable buying a Huffy for his first one. His grandparents took him to Red Rock Canyon for an hour so I was able to wrap his gifts and put the bike together. What a treat that was.

Step 1-gather 2 wrenches, phillips head screwdriver, flat head screw driver, something nose pliers, allen wrench. what the hell was that __________nose pliers? Oh I don't know. I just grabbed one of the 5 sets of pliers hubs has. Check

Step 2-open box and lay out all the parts making sure you have every thing. Shit. I am missing instructions on assembly. Check

Step 3-put bike together blindly and hope it works. Check

Assembly took about 45 minutes which is a hell of a lot longer than I anticipated. I am not discouraged by that b.c without instructions it was does this fit in that hole...ok great! onto the next piece. All the nuts, bolts and screws are in tight and most importantly the handle bars are straight. I hated when my dad put my on crooked when I was a kid. He will be receiving his gifts after dinner tonight and I am so excited to see his face.

Huffy did conveniently add a manual in the box of how to attach reflectors, a bell and basket just in case you would like to add those features at a later date. Thanks Huffy for always thinking ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment