Monday, June 21, 2010

First trip away from the kids-Hello Pebble Beach

Frank and I were lucky to get to get away from the two children for two days. I was lucky to have requested Friday and Saturday tickets to the US Open at Pebble Beach and received tickets for both days. We originally planned to bring the children with us. We took Devin to Torrey Pines for the Open in 2008 and it was not bad. My mom was planning on coming out in July for a visit and she changed her plans to come in June instead so we could go alone. That was awesome.

 Frank travels a lot with work so he has been away from both kids before, but I have never been away from either one for more than a few hours. This is not by choice, simply because we have no family within 2500 miles from our house to watch them for us. I was not nervous, scared or sad....I was excited! We flew out Thursday (our anniversary) to San Jose and hit up Rock Bottom Brewery with an old friend from college and her husband. Liz and JR live in Sunnyvale which is just around the corner from where we were staying. Up early Friday and Saturday for some golf and back to Vegas Saturday night. Being able to go on our schedule, not one of the kids was so great. We ate out without being interrupted and took our time at the course. Pebble Beach is not spectator friendly and it would have been awful to have the kids with us. Thank goodness we were alone.

Riley never cared we were gone and Devin had a tough time sleeping. He has always slept in his bed and never in ours...but I think the fact that we were not there made him uneasy at night. We purchased tickets for my mother to take him to Barnum and Bailey Circus Saturday to help keep him occupied. The two days came and went and he was just fine and a lil extra snugly Sunday with Daddy.

We are now back in the swing of things and I feel like we never went away. Not sure if that is always how it is when you get to leave kids behind....but man am I tired already again. Thurs night through Saturday was adult time with drinks, great food and golf. Now back to laundry, cleaning up and basic mom stuff again. The kids are so sweet and I am happy to be home with then but man was it fun to have some time away. We have been on date nights....but a night/or more away is so different. I am sure I can speak for the hubs that we cannot wait to do it again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment