Saturday, March 26, 2011

Riley's 2 year pictures-"She's a beautiful American child" says the tourist :)

We just got back from the Bellagio. I wanted to take Riley's two year pictures there for a few reason. First because the conservatory is now all decorated for spring and second because I knew that the marble and flowers outside would look great with the colors in her dress. It was hard to get a good picture of her in the conservatory because there was too much going on around her. The theme they had right now is carnivalesque with a carousel and Ferris wheel in the flower beds. There were balloons made of glass suspended in the air too. The tulips, hyacinth and daffodils were not blooming yet, but the hydrangea and poppys were. There was an array of fantastic texture and color, and it is a shame that she would not sit still or look at me. BOO.

There were not too many people within the conservatory since it was so early when we went. There were a few Asian women walking around and taking pictures of all the flowers. An Asian mom and her two teenage daughters asked if they could take a picture with Riley. I said yes sure. The two daughters stood on either side of Riley and the mom told me she is a " beautiful American child." I thanked her and made sure Riley gave her a good smile. The girls were petting her hair and talking to her in their language. I am lame and have no idea what language that was. As we were walking out another mom and daughter group asked me if they could take their picture with Riley. The mom was saying how beautiful Riley was and her dress was perfect. That group also took Dev's picture. The mom was very appreciative and kept telling me how pretty my American baby was. I guess Riley is kind of porcelain doll looking? I don't know but she was a good girl for them. It's amazing how many people petted Riley's head or smiled at her while she tooled around the conservatory. Children really do put a smile on people's faces when they observe them doing their own thing and exploring.

Right out front of the entrance is a fountain with lots of nice greenery. We did most of the pictures out there. She was very busy, but it was good since I could at least get her to look at me this time. The weather could not have been perfect. It was overcast and cloudy which is great to take pictures in. The sun did come out as we were walking down the sidewalk toward the fountain to find Frank and Devin.

No comments:

Post a Comment