Thursday, April 7, 2011

2t panties really are so cute, we got to sit in the bar (without the kids). AWESOME

Riley has been tinkling on the potty for a little while now but not consistently. She would only pee on command before a bath or shower. She definitely did not ever mind to have a pee pee diaper on, but did care when she had a poopy diaper. She recently started to tell me after she peed in her diaper and has wanted to take it off. I did not know if that was because she really is just a nudist at heart, or if she was uncomfortable. She still does not care if her diaper is saturated to the point of leaking, but she now takes initiative to take it off and go and get me a new one.

Devin is off from school during the week before Easter so I decided that would be a great day to take a few days in the house and training Riley. For Devin I stayed home for 3 days and stayed down stairs with him naked bottom down and he took very well to the potty. He was completely trained after those three days at the age of 2 years 4 months. I think Riley is ready now. She wants to wear undies like Devin so I washed the few pairs I bought for her. She saw a pair in the clean laundry this afternoon and wanted to put a pair of panties on. I told her she needs to go potty first so she walked to the bathroom, took off her jeans and diaper and then peed on the potty. She then came back over to me and handed me her panties. Hmm guess she is ready. That was at 5:45 pm. She then went on the potty at 6:15 and again right before bedtime at 7:10 and all this time just wearing panties in the house. May just be beginners luck....but man it would really help my budget if we did not have to buy diapers for daytime anymore!

Devin has been VERY emotional the last two days. I am not sure if he is just overly tired, or if he is going through some weird phase. I can tell you that it is beyond frustrating. The crying and whining is awful. He just breaks down with the smallest things. For example, since yesterday was Frank's birthday we made an egg free birthday cake. We did not have time to eat it last night so we had it tonight after dinner. Devin's piece laid on it's side instead of standing upright so he went into hysterics about how he wanted his piece to stand up tall and not lay down. Seriously? This is the fourth or fifth thing like this today and by this one I was so over it. He went to bed around 7:30 absolutely wiped out. He was the same yesterday and I am really hoping tomorrow he wakes up in a good mood and stays that way. I want a sensitive kid who is OK with having feelings, but this is a little much.

My friend Katy watched the kids last night for a few hours so Frank and I could grab dinner and a drink out in celebration for Frank's birthday. We were able to sit at a high top in a bar area instead of a booth in the restaurant. It is an amazing thing to be able to do that. Who would have ever thought that I would be excited to be able to sit in the bar area again. Clark County (where I live in NV) has this STUPID law that children cannot be within 20 feet of a bar. So if there is a table in a bar area open, we cannot sit at it. It really is a gaming law since most of the bars out here have video poker at the bar kids are not allowed in gaming areas. So without the kids last night, we sat quietly in the bar area and enjoyed a quiet meal by the bar! Now if only Las Vegas would jump on the band wagon and have those old machines that had the Photo Hunt. I used to LOVE to play those in NJ.

Want to know something else stupid about Clark County? Children are not allowed to enter liquor stores. I walked in one once when Devin was 2 weeks old. My mother was coming to visit and I wanted to make sure we had some vodka in the house. I walked in with my 5 lb baby asleep in his carseat and the worker told me I need to leave the store. I looked at him and asked why. He simply said, "No children allowed in the store." I looked at him, then at the baby and back at him and said, "Seriously? You are now allowing me in here because I have an infant with me?" He said yes, please leave. WTF! Now mind you I moved out here at 26 weeks pregnant and went into labor at 27 weeks and after leaving the hospital after a weeks long stay I was on strict bedrest. I had not stepped foot in a grocery store after my initial visit in one the week we got here. I completely forgot that grocery stores carried beer, wine and booze. So they can sell all that at grocery stores, gas stations etc, but lot allowed children in liquor stores? Stupid! Oh, not to mention it is completely legal to carry open containers on public roads here.....

No comments:

Post a Comment