Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter-what a super fun holiday with kids...and I forgot to load the charged battery back in the camera?!

I always loved Easter as a kid. Who doesn't love a day to get dressed up, have an egg hunt at home, get a basket full of fun stuff and play with other kids? Duh heaven as a young girl. Now I remember when we were kids my parents hid eggs all over our yard and we were lucky if the squirrels did not eat a lot of them. Yes, they would chew right through plastic eggs to get to the treat inside. Good thing we live in Las Vegas and we do not have any squirrels in the area I live in.

spotted his basket!

following the trail....

Frank and I kept going back and forth trying to decide what to do for Riley. I wanted to get her a scooter since she always steals Devin's but Frank was thinking that she could just use Devin's while he played with something else. He saw first hand this Saturday how much she loves his and I picked one up last minute last night at Target since they were on sale for $24. We went there the other day to check them out and Riley just LOVED the Buzz Light year one. Buzz is her boyfriend, but Frank said we cannot get Buzz since Dev's is Toy Story 3. So I picked up a Disney Princess one. I am definitely not going to promote the princess crap, but it was WAY better than the other girl option of Barbie. Plus, it has streamers-which really was the selling point. Devin has a matching Toy Story bike helmet and of course since I am matchy matchy with everything I checked to see if they sold a princess helmet. Yes they did, but it was GOD awful and tacky so Riley is now sporting a purple glitter Abby Cadabby helmet.

Devin heard at school that the Easter Bunny brings chocolate bunnies for good kids to their baskets. So, I of course had to get him a chocolate Lindt bunny. Besides a few M & Ms that is the only candy they got in their baskets. They also both received an Easter book and a toy. Devin got an Eric Carle Hungry Caterpillar games and Riley got a Fisher Price Little People Easter toy that I bought post Easter last year on clearance. I totally forgot I had it until last week when I looked in the Rubbermaid tote full of backup presents.

We have a trail for each kid that leads to their special present. Devin's lead into the the kitchen to his new Bruder front end loader and dump truck set and Riley's to the foyer where new new scooter was. This makes it more fun to search for them instead of them just being out for show. Frank likes natural sunlight to shine in our room in the am, when I like it like a bat cave. He won last night but low and behold, I was up before he was because of the stupid sun. UGH. Since it was only 6:15, I went and hid all the eggs then before the kids were awake.


dropped all trail pieces when she found it!

chowing on a mouthful of M & Ms

taken with Franks Iphone



We then got ready quickly and left to go to our 9:00 reservation at the JW Marriott in Summerlin for brunch. As we walk down the corridor, we saw Mickey Mouse, Tigger, Aurora, the Easter bunny and Elmo. Frank went to take pictures and SHIT, I totally forgot to reload the battery in the SLR. F! I noticed the battery was low after the egg hunt so I clipped the battery right onto the charger to get a lil more juice in that puppy. Frank took a pic with his phone...boo I am such a numb nut. Oh well-breakfast was absolutely delicious and worth every penny. We received lots and lots of compliments about how cute the kids looked. I know they are not my dollies, but it sure is fun to dress them all up and looking cute. Easter is definitely one holiday to dress up! The kids received little sling backpacks filled with Sponge Bob crap that I will give to our little neighborhood kids if they want it.  They also hosted an egg hunt after breakfast on the lawn out back. If we are living in Las Vegas next Easter, we will definitely be back again for brunch. Total success!

No comments:

Post a Comment