Monday, April 18, 2011

Easter Break with zero school/swimming and NO family visiting

This weekend really kicked off the great weather for the season. We had high 80's Friday, Saturday and Sunday with a warm breeze which is just perfect for playing outside. The kids had a blast playing in their wading pool and with the water table. I really need go to Walmart or Target and see if I can find a good sprinkler. We have an Elmo one but it sucks and does not spray very far. I am hoping they still make those metal crescent shaped ones that rotate side to side like we had 25 years ago. Anyone know if they still make those?  I did pick up a new pool for this year today at Target. We had a left over one from last year that had two little sectioned areas with a slide built into one of the two sections. That was just way too small/shallow for the kids not to mention there was a leak somewhere in it. The one I got today is 12 by 6 and 2 ft deep. Its a blow up kind so you loose a good 8-10 inches around for the walls...but I would say that is a decent size for our postage stamp backyard.

walking to the egg hunt

Devin is off from school this week and from swimming lessons as well. I am really sad that we do not get to visit with any family over this week since we have so much free time. Majority of my mommy friends have family in town or are leaving sometime this week if they have not already to go and visit family. I really hope we only have another year (or two) left of this long distance BS. I am really over having no family out here and being so far from anyone. I do not have to be in NJ/PA but somewhere maybe only an hour or two plane ride would be really nice. We have been here for over 4 years now and I am over it. We do have some plans this week to get together with friends and hang out, but it is not the same.

We went to an Easter Egg hunt down at our local park on Saturday. It was not a real hunt where the eggs were hidden....they really were just scattered on an open plot of grass and they were empty so you collected a few and handed them in for a treat bag. Kids loved it even though it was not challenging. Devin got a set of fake bunny teeth in his treat bag that has a built in kazoo which is hysterical. 

Easter Sunday we will do a hunt here at the house in the backyard and then we have brunch reservations at the JW Marriott in Summerlin. They have a hunt out on the grass too after brunch and the bunny will be there to take pictures with. I am excited for the kids to do that and I am assuming Riley will be afraid of the Easter bunny on Sunday since she was this past weekend. It is odd because she was not afraid of Santa or other characters that we have seen at Story time at Town Square. Who knows.



No comments:

Post a Comment