Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Can't they both take a nap at the same time?

Today I met 2 of my other mom friends at the gym for a spin class. Devin and Riley went to the day care in the gym and we headed up stairs to spin class. I hate spin. I am bored to tears sitting in a room riding a bike with resistance and not getting anywhere. I guess it is the same reason I hate running on a treadmill. Staring at the same thing the whole time blows. Once the 60 minutes was up I was out of there!

We then headed over to Mandy's house to allow the kids to play and have some lunch. Mandy has a big house with white furniture so I am on edge when our other friend Tina's daughter Olivia and Devin play in one of their rooms. Mandy has an adorable 11 mo old baby girl and she is not walking yet....so the house is not baby proofed. I miss those days before Dev was walking and I could easily get into a cabinet, walk up the stairs or open a door without all the latches, gates and knob protectors. Devin and Olivia had a blast in their multi floored house. They spent an hour jumping down the two step decline into the sunken living room. I would love to be that easily entertained. Mia and Riley hung in pretty well and kept each other occupied.

When it was time to go around 12:30 Riley was spent and Devin was ready to stay and play. Mandy jokingly said he could stay and play and Devin told me to go and come back later for him. I love that he is so outgoing and comfortable with my friends. I told him next time and we were on our way. Riley passed out before we were even to the end of her street and I kept Devin awake by looking for Spider Man on the highway. He gets all pumped when I said I saw him jump off the (red) car ahead of us. Mean mommy I know, but hey if he falls asleep in the car forget a nap when we got home. So here we are, Devin giving me his once biweekly nap and Riley Mae wide awake playing on the floor. Apparently the 25 min in the car was enough for her. She cut out her am nap....so her afternoon one is usually 1.5-3 hours. Great; she is either going to go down again around 4, or be miserable and have to go to bed early tonight. Both stink. She is happy and playing alone which is all I can ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment