Friday, July 30, 2010

Devin dreams about the alphabet?

So Devin has been working very hard to learn his letters and all their sounds. He has mastered this and apparently dreams about them. I take him to the potty before we go to bed and while I picked him up out of bed he says in his sleep, "No, "Q" says qwa, "r" says errrr." I smiled and just hugged my little sleepy boy as I carried him to the potty. We were practicing everyday, but now that he knows them all and their sounds it is more quizzing them sitting down for a lesson.

We went to his preschool yesterday to drop off his shot record (that I forgot when I paid the deposit.) He brought his backpack and was very upset with me when I told him that today is not the day to drop him off to play with his new friends. It is so so cute how excited he is. I plan on being that lame mom who takes his picture by the sign on the road that shows his school's name. I know it is not as big of a deal as kindergarten...but it is still super exciting. We go for open house in three weeks to meet his teacher and see his classroom.

He has not given up on those trucks yet. He asked Frank again last night when he could get his logging truck. Frank told me the cutest story. Devin asked when Christmas was and Frank explained first he has to start school, then go to NJ, then go to California, then have Thanksgiving, then get really cold out and then it's almost time for Santa to come. He goes to bed one night and when he wakes up Santa will have left surprises for him. So...Frank had to put Riley to bed and Devin followed him upstairs. He usually plays in the toy room while one of us is putting Riley down when the other is out for the night ( I was playing softball.) Frank came out of Riley's room and got a little concerned because he could not find Devin. My first guess when Frank told me the story was he went downstairs to the closet to get his coat on because Santa comes when it is really cold out. Frank started quietly calling his name and Dev said he was up here....so Frank walked into his room and Devin had climbed into bed. Frank asked what he was doing and he said that he has to go to bed if he wants Santa to come. (ohh heart warming) Frank asked if he were tired and Devin said no but he wanted Santa to come so he told Daddy he went to go to bed. I LOVE him.  Frank already bought the logging truck as a gift from Santa and Cookie asked me to pick up the cement truck for her. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment