Friday, July 23, 2010

Why, Why, Why?

There are so many  things I wonder why they do it...

Why does Riley walk into a room and shut the door behind her and then yell to get out? She knows that closing the door will cause her to be stuck in there. She loves the attention of me coming to get her. Her face lights up when I open the door and say, "Yes?"

Why are all kids obsessed with dog food? I know it is not only my two that went through this. Why do they find the need to play in the kibble? To drop it in the water and make a disgusting mess? To feed the dogs one piece at a time? It is so gross. It does not smell good, taste good or even feel good in their hands. Its hard food with those little crumblies around them. Gag.

Why does Devin insist on picking Riley's boogers? Yes I said it...if Riley has a boog (as Devin calls them) he will go in her nose and pick it out and them throw it in the trash. It is foul. She lays there and lets him do it. If I go near her with a tissue she not only screams but she rapidly thrashes her head side to side....but yet she lets her brother go to town?

Devin insists on helping me change her diaper. He HAS to do the straps. Why is this? Why can't I just do it quickly without assistance? Riley squirms like crazy if I try to do it alone...but as soon as he in involved she lays still and allows him to undo the tabs on her diaper.

Why do a lot of kids have to hold on to a blankie of some sort when they suck their thumb? Riley has to have her mittie when she goes to bed/nap. It is her woobie. It is one of those generic no scratch mitties that she got as an infant. She holds it in her left hand and sucks her left thumb. I know my sister Dana used to have her blankie in her hand when she sucked her thumb. So what is up with this?

Why is food on my plate so much better than the food on theirs? I will serve us all the same dinner, but yet Daddy's food tastes better than what Devin actually has on his plate. He always has to have a bite of Daddy's dinner and he makes Daddy taste his dinner. Last night I made lasagna and Devin ate his whole plate only after he tasted Daddy's and then compared what his food looked against Daddy's plate. I remember my Dad's root beer always being so much better tasting in his big huge glass. Why is that?

I have these types of things on my mind all the time... I will post some again. If you have any light to shed please do.

No comments:

Post a Comment