Monday, July 26, 2010

Christmas is coming-Devin really wants this truck

Yay....Christmas is less than 5 months away! Now I am not really getting excited quite yet, but we have started to use that excuse when Devin asks for a new toy already. Last week while shopping at Home Goods with Devin he came across this SUPER cool recycling truck. It is actually a 1:16 to scale with working moving parts and is huge. I mean its about 18 inches long and about 10 inches high. Needless to say, Daddy told him he could have it for being such a good boy with this and that. (Daddy is a softy at times with the kids) Bruder makes it and apparently that is a superb toy truck maker from Germany.  He has even brought it to his friends houses on two occasions to show them and share his new truck. (Bad Mommy left it there Sat night and it is all I have heard about for two days. OOPS)

 He is obsessed with trash trucks and recycling trucks. He received two different trash trucks for his birthday from the new line of Toy Story 3 toys. We have to say hi to the trash guys when they come by on Tuesday and Friday mornings. They honk and wave and Devin gives them bottles of cold water. We love our trash guys.

Now this brings me to why Santa has already started to play a role in his life in July. Yesterday I went back to Home Goods. to show Frank some pictures I had checked out last week. Devin was SO excited when we pulled into the parking lot at Home Goods because this is where his treasured recycling truck came from. We go inside and he wants to show Daddy where his truck came from. After perusing the decor department we went to the toy section. They had two more Bruder trucks left. One was a cement mixer and one was a logging truck. Now both are super cool because they have moving parts and again are to scale and just look cool. Being a girl and from a family of all girls, I know nothing about boy stuff....but man are these trucks awesome!

The dialogue. Devin, "Mom, can I please bring this truck home?" (holding a 20 in long box with both hands and smiling from ear to ear) Me, "No, we cannot." Devin, "But Mom, it is really cool and look at this part, it moves." Me, "Dev that is cool, but you cannot have it today. Maybe for Christmas." Frank then is beckoned because I am not giving him the answer he wants to hear. Devin, "Daddy, can I please please please take this truck home. It is so cool, look at it Daddy." Frank, "No Devin. It is not your birthday. Maybe for Christmas. We can write a letter to Santa and tell him to give it to you." Devin, "Can I please bring it home tonight. I will love it and it is great. I really really really love it. " (now at this point he is smiling and trying all his charm. Frank then explains that Santa may give it to him if he is a good boy. Frank walks away with Riley and leaves me alone with Devin. I reiterate how Santa works and that we can write him a letter as soon as we get home. He asked if we could please bring the log truck home tonight and ask Santa for the cement truck for Christmas. He was really working me and I love him and I love his little face and his little teeth and his sweet eyes. I said no. Haha, I had to stand the ground. He said ok mommy and we walked out with the truck still on the shelf. The whole way home all I heard about was how cool the trucks were and that he really really really wanted one. He used 3 'reallys' everytime he talked about how he wanted one.

As soon as we got home he and Frank sat at the table and penned a letter to Santa. Frank told him that he would take it to work tomorrow and mail it to Santa. Devin told him to leave now and go to work so he could mail it now not tomorrow. I mean he is in dire straights for this truck. It looks like I will be making another trip to Home Goods this week to pick it up. I cannot risk someone else buying it before I can get there. Home Goods is one of those stores that you need to buy it then because if you don't you may miss out.

You all who have boys or need a gift for boys should really check out Bruder trucks. SO cool! They retail for $50-$75 a truck. Home Goods pricing is only $25! I LOVE that store. Oh, and if you are asking if this is my first purchase for Christmas 2010....nope. I started a few months ago. If you have read my posts before you will see I love a good deal and to shop. It only makes sense to buy when on sale and hold. I "save" Frank money this way. We also set a limit to spend...so why not try to get the most under that limit as possible? Black Friday is only 4 months away and boy am I pumped!

No comments:

Post a Comment