Friday, July 16, 2010

Devin-isms

So anyone who has met him knows he is a pretty comical little guy. He says the funniest things. I know all toddlers do...and I do love to hear his reasoning.

Today-He loves to take showers. He especially loves them now that we have shower crayons. Devin "Mom I need to take a shower." Me "Ok, you can take one after dinner." Devin, "No, I need to take one now." (mind you its 2pm) Me "Dev you are not dirty, you had a shower last night and we did not play outside today." Devin "Yes, I am very dirty. I have pee pee on my leg, my face has ketsup on it from lunch and my hand has red marker on it." (lifting up his leg, touching his face and holding out his hand)  Me "Ok buddy that is pretty dirty." He then smiles and walks his naked little self to our downstairs bathroom to take a shower. Gives me 10 min to blog and check email anyway while Riley naps.

On our way home from Franks work today he says, "Mom, I need to pack a suitcase and stay at Olivia's house." I said, "oh yeah?" Devin, "Yes, Tina says it will be ok." Me "Where will you sleep?" (Olivia is in a crib) Devin "Tina needs to buy a big boy bed and we can share." So apparently Devin has been thinking about this for some time now that he even has reasoning behind where he will be sleeping. This conversation by the way was out of the blue. We were not talking about Olivia, Tina or sleepovers.

Yesterday he asked me when Riley would stop smelling like a barnyard. I mean I guess I need to watch what I say more. I always tell Riley she smells like a barnyard and Devin just laughs at her about it. He said "Riley really smells mom. Really bad." I say, "I know. Hopefully by Christmas I will have her potty trained. He then asked if Santa was going to take her diapers away and give them to babies.

We were shopping the other day and a larger lady walked by and was talking to him about his shirt he had on. He was very polite and told her all about the dinosaurs we saw etc. After she walked away he turned and asked me, "Why is that lady's bum so big mom?" Yes she was still in ear shot and yes she turned around and looked at me. I told him that everyone is made differently and gave her the "I am so sorry for my 3 year olds diarrhea of the mouth" look. He then told me my bum is not big and maybe she will have a bum like mommy one day. Good god I wanted to die.

He says stuff like this every day and he really makes me smile. I love this age. May just be the coolest age of a kid.

1 comment:

  1. at least he gave you the nice compliment of having a smaller bum! LOL

    ReplyDelete