Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I LOVE to shop! All time record savings at Gymboree.

Anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE to shop. I could do it all day long. For me, Frank, kids, friends, family.....it doesn't matter. I love to shop. Rewind...I love to shop for everything but groceries. I dislike having to grocery shop.

OK...so here we go. Since becoming a stay at home mom, I have had to curb my love for shopping. Dropping my contribution to the household finances has tightened things a bit but that is ok because I LOVE good deals. I comparison shop for groceries and would rock the house at The Price is Right. I know how much everything at the supermarket costs and I use coupons. Frank loves how frugal I am.

Since April, I have only spent $100 in kids stores (and that includes a birthday gift for my nephew.) From that $100, I earned Gymbucks at Gymboree. Those gymbucks can be used during a redemption time at a later date. I have sold some stuff on craigslist of the kids and have been stashing $ to spend when I redeem my gymbucks.  I went there last night to preshop and put everything aside. Tonight was the first night to redeem them and I took Devin with me to try some stuff on him. I only bought items on clearance for next spring/summer and made sure I picked out matching outfits instead of random pieces.

I wanted to get to the $100 (pretax) mark because I had $50 in gymbucks and you have to buy double the amount you have in credit. So...I got to $98.03 booo and I had to go and pick one more item out. Riley ended up with another super cute hair tie. Came to $101 then taxes brought it to $107....take $50 off of that for my gymbucks and 5% for being awesome....Total was $56.63. Now you ask how much merchandise that was worth? $296.93 full price with taxes! That is right....I got $296 worth of clothes for $56! Frank was truly impressed this trip. Now it is all for next spring besides one fall outfit for Riley but since I did this in the beginning of the spring on fall clearance of 2009, Riley is pretty set for this fall. She will need a few more pants (jeans) but other than that she is set until late spring/early summer.

Devin on the other hand is struggling with clothes. This is the first time I will have to buy a whole wardrobe for him for a season. I have had to get pieces here and there....but never a wardrobe. Hopefully I will make lots of money selling their clothes from last fall to buy new for him for this fall. I do shop on eBay as well for gently used clothes for him to play in and from Janie and Jack (my all time favorite store!)

I do not know if you all are like me...I could dilly dally in stores all day. MAC is one of my favorites....kids clothes stores, jewelry stores, and any clothes stores for Frank and myself. Pottery Barn, Williams and Sonoma. Oh and Homegoods...I love to wander around Home Goods. HAHA. I sound ridiculous....but when I am stuck in the house with a 16 mo old and 3 year old...I love my time away from home to be spent in a store. Frank golfs....I wander around stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment