Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Devin wants a brother......

I picked up Devin from school a bit ago and asked him what he did today, who he played with, what snack was, etc. He told me he played with his two best friends; Everett and Scarlett. He mentions them a lot and I am glad that he has found some buddies to hang out with during recess at school. He told me that he would like a brother. I asked why. He simply told me because Everett has a brother and they play cars and "boy stuff." He also pointed out that Jake and Troy (friends from a play group) have brothers and they have "cool boy stuff" all over their house. I told him that we have lots of boy stuff at our house too and he agreed then pointed out that we have lots of girlie stuff too. He said if he had a brother that we would have more boy stuff and a boy to play with.

I told him that Mommy cannot give him a brother anymore and he said, "Man, I really would like a brother mom." I reminded him that Riley and him played pirates yesterday and they played pizza man out back too. He said yes, but she is a girl and not a boy. He said Riley likes baby dolls and cars but brothers only like cars. I LOVE his reasoning and he is pretty accurate in a 3 year olds mind.

Now you ask, no more? Nope, we thought about it for 30 seconds and decided that 2 would be just perfect for us. No need for a bigger house, bigger car. A family of 4 fits very nicely out in restaurants, amusement rides etc. Everything is made for even numbers. Plus I never wanted a middle child, and with two Frank and I can play "man to man defense" now. With more kids we would be out numbered. So Frank has his procedure done Aug of 09 and we are very happy with our two awesome kids.

To be honest, I really do not know how moms have more than 2 kids these days. I have a hard enough time going to the park or supermarket with the two kids. Riley goes one way, Devin the other. What the heck would I do if I had a baby in a stroller or in a moby? At the rate that we were going, I would have a newborn right now. Kill me now.How do you pay attention to them with full attention at home? Devin and Riley are pretty independent kids, but they both like to do craft and activities that require my time. If a newborn was here I would have to feed it every 3 hours? I think if I were not a stay at home mom I would be able to do it. I could see how moms who work can have more than 2 simply because they spend after work, dinner and bedtime with them and the weekends. Not all day long, every day of the week. I really give props to sahms who have more than 2 at home. Maybe I would feel differently if we had help from family, but since I have no help I just cannot imagine another. Is that wrong? Am I a bad mom? Probably...but at least I know my two get all the love and attention they need. Frank also gets a homemade meal 6 our of the 7 nights of the week (sometimes 7) and our house is kept pretty neat. I guess that is a good trade off?

No comments:

Post a Comment